Business Development Manager – Channel and Agency Partnerships
LinkedIn’s Business Development team is responsible for driving growth, engagement, and monetization globally by identifying, executing, and managing partnerships and strategic initiatives. We are looking for a Business Development lead to manage relationships with partners to help LinkedIn’s +630M global members get jobs and help companies find the right talent.
As part of LinkedIn’s Global Business Development team, you will be responsible for evaluating and managing go-to-market partnerships for LinkedIn Talent Solutions (LTS), that accelerate growth and drive product adoption. The Business Development Manager for Channels will focus on our Strategic Recruitment Advertising Agency (RAA) partners, and other key talent market influencers in building confidence and customer loyalty within a core first-adopter channel.
- Develop a strong understanding of LinkedIn’s business, product strategy and core platform assets
- Support the Business initiatives of your Assigned geographic/partner territory, and identify opportunities for sales and performance improvement
- Nurture long term, trusting relationships at all levels, with our most Strategic RAA partners, developing strong partnerships with C-Suite, Executive and high-influence leaders, that drive bookings performance, product adoption, and joint business success
- Show a high degree of comfort advising internal senior stakeholders and executives on the state of LTS business, driven by the insight gained from partner relationships
- Formulate a full understanding of each partner’s business model, to identify opportunities for mutual business growth and product synergy
- Support deal execution with partners and customers, and support on-boarding, as needed, once a deal is signed
- Proactively develop a deep understanding of the key players and industry dynamics in the consumer internet, talent acquisition, SAAS, and Mobile landscapes.
- Show poise under pressure – whether presenting to a roomful of industry influencers, or advising a senior executive
- Analyzing revenue, product performance and market data to effectively advocate for new opportunities and incremental investment – and lead the strategy to bring your plan from ideation to execution
- Educate sales, customer success and operations teams on effective RAA partner engagement, to ease the buying cycle, engender loyalty, and set LinkedIn up as the go-to resource for resolving client challenges
- Serve as jack-of-all-trades, to get things done, when needed
Knowledge, Skills and Expertise:
- High level of comfort in presenting/public speaking; confidence in leading through influence
- Excellent networking and interpersonal skills; high degree of emotional intelligence
- Ability to see and act on the big picture, using the details as a guide to a deeper strategy
- Collaborates well with cross functional groups. Shares information with the right people at the right time, addresses conflict professionally, and fulfills commitments
- Comfortable with structuring quantitative analysis to develop data driven decisions to grow partnerships, identify new areas of opportunity and demonstrate the business impact of our partnerships to internal and external stakeholders
- Creative and innovative thinking, with strong self-discipline and time management skills
- Exceptional communicator. Excellent in synthesizing executive level communication via presentations, strategy documents and other formats
- Must be able to travel as needed
Basic Qualifications ·
- BS/BA degree
- 5+ years Business Development, Channel Management, Corporate Strategy, Agency Relations or Account Management experience, within Web 2.0, SAAS industry, agency/media company or technology company
- Experience in some type of analytical role, e.g. with consulting firm, investment bank, corporate M&A/corporate strategy, or business operations, highly valued
- Experience with data analysis, and making data-driven business decisions
- Knowledge of Talent Acquisition/Intelligence industry and/or Recruitment Ad Agency/Media Agency marketplace preferred.
- Proven project management capabilities; comfort working under deadlines and producing key deliverables
Application Process Information
As a part of the application process for some Sales roles at LinkedIn, candidates may be asked to complete a series of online games, created by pymetrics to assess certain candidate qualities to help evaluate a candidate’s potential match for the position. If the pymetrics process applies to this role, you will receive an invitation with additional information. LinkedIn reviews the pymetrics results alongside other information about candidate qualifications as a part of the application review.
Equal Opportunity Statement
LinkedIn is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. LinkedIn considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class. LinkedIn is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer as described in our equal opportunity statement here. Please reference the Equal Employment Opportunity statement here and supplement here for more information.
LinkedIn is an equal employment opportunity employer offering opportunities to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. This email box is designed to assist disabled job seekers who seek a reasonable accommodation to the application process. Emails sent for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
In your email, please include the following: (1) confirm you have a disability; (2) identify the disability-related limitation that needs to be accommodated, and (3) if known, describe the specific accommodation requested for the disability-related limitation. A response to your request may take up to three business days.
LinkedIn will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by LinkedIn, or (c) consistent with LinkedIn's legal duty to furnish information.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
As a federal contractor, LinkedIn follows the Pay Transparency and non-discrimination provisions described at this link: https://lnkd.in/paytransparency.
Global Data Privacy Notice
This document provides transparency around the way in which LinkedIn handles personal data of employees and job applicants at this link: https://lnkd.in/GlobalDataPrivacyNotice.
San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, LinkedIn will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.