Federal Hybrid Sales Representative, Learning Solutions
Federal Hybrid Sales Representative, Learning Solutions
This role can be located in Carpinteria, San Francisco, New York or DC based on where the qualified candidate chosen for this role is located.
LinkedIn was built to help professionals achieve more in their careers, and every day millions of people use our products to make connections, discover opportunities, and gain insights. Our global reach means we get to make a direct impact on the world's workforce in ways no other company can. We're much more than a digital resume; we transform lives through innovative products and technology.
Searching for your dream job? At LinkedIn, we strive to help our employees find passion and purpose. Join us in changing the way the world works.
As a member of our Federal Government Sales Team, you will be a part of an experienced group of sales professionals who are bringing LinkedIn’s Learning Solutions products to market in the public sector. In this hybrid sales role, you will have full-cycle responsibility for both driving new business and maintaining an existing book of client relationships.
Our team operates like a start-up, so we are looking for candidates with entrepreneurial DNA. You can handle ambiguity and improvise new processes when needed. You are solutions-oriented, have a growth mindset, and are aligned with our belief that LinkedIn can enhance the government’s ability to serve the public.
- Establish executive-level relationships within Department/Agency leaders
- Manage existing and new customer relationships for revenue and relationship growth both over the phone and in-person meetings
- Maintain prospecting activity to build a healthy pipeline and increase revenue/market share
- Develop and execute a strategic plan for the territory and provide reliable forecasts
- Act as a brand evangelist to improve awareness & understanding of LinkedIn Learning in the Federal Government marketplace
- Close new business consistently at or above quota level
- Collaborate effectively with cross-functional sales partners
- Travel required (approximately 30%) – Field travel and field customer visits
- 5+ years of sales experience
- Experience working in and around Washington’s government landscape
- An understanding of the Federal human capital landscape and Federal procurement and budgeting cycles
- Software as a Service (SaaS) experience a plus
- Demonstrated ability to develop multi-thread relationships necessary to sell across complex enterprises. Comfort selling at multiple points inside Federal government organizations
- An innate understanding of, and adherence to a sales process
- Ability to include multiple partners and members of the company management team using competitive selling to position company products against direct and indirect competitors
- Accurate forecasting skills
Equal Opportunity Statement
LinkedIn is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. LinkedIn considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class. LinkedIn is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer as described in our equal opportunity statement here. Please reference the Equal Employment Opportunity statement here and supplement here for more information.
LinkedIn is committed to offering an inclusive and accessible experience for all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. Our goal is to foster an inclusive and accessible workplace where everyone has the opportunity to be successful.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening, apply for a position, or participate in the interview process, connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org and describe the specific accommodation requested for a disability-related limitation.
Reasonable accommodations are modifications or adjustments to the application or hiring process that would enable you to fully participate in that process. Examples of reasonable accommodations include but are not limited to:
- Documents in alternate formats or read aloud to you
- Having interviews in an accessible location
- Being accompanied by a service dog
- Having a sign language interpreter present for the interview
A request for an accommodation will be responded to within three business days. However, non-disability related requests, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
LinkedIn will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by LinkedIn, or (c) consistent with LinkedIn's legal duty to furnish information.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
As a federal contractor, LinkedIn follows the Pay Transparency and non-discrimination provisions described at this link: https://lnkd.in/paytransparency.
Global Data Privacy Notice
This document provides transparency around the way in which LinkedIn handles personal data of employees and job applicants at this link: https://lnkd.in/GlobalDataPrivacyNotice.