Applications Engineer, Business Applications
Application Integration Engineer, Business Applications
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
LinkedIn was built to help professionals achieve more in their careers, and everyday millions of people use our products to make connections, discover opportunities and gain insights. Our global reach means we get to make a direct impact on the world’s workforce in ways no other company can. We’re much more than a digital resume – we transform lives through innovative products and technology.
Searching for your dream job? At LinkedIn, we strive to help our employees find passion and purpose. Join us in changing the way the world works.
LinkedIn is looking for a highly motivated team player ready to play a key role of Application Integration Engineer, Business Application group (BizApps).
The position will be responsible for Analyzing, Designing and architecting system integrations solutions using emerging technologies. Help to define and implementation of BizApps integration strategy and Vision. This role will closely work with senior management as well as foster relationships with key stakeholders to apprise of technologies and trends; proactively identifies opportunities for using technology for realizing business and IT strategy. Effectively collaborates with other members of the integration team to align work efforts and develop/execute tactical plans.
- Responsible for providing design and architecture leadership for the web-based and mobile applications
- Identify emerging technologies and open source solutions to meet business requirements
- Define the principles to guide solution decisions to ensure implementation adhere to Dev Ops methodologies
- Build enterprise applications that increases business value using industry best practices and frameworks (Including LinkedIn inhouse and open source technologies)
- Web performance: Implement and evangelize web performance best practices to the development team and drive decisions around frameworks and tool choices
- Facilitate the evaluation and selection of tools and technologies
- Mentor team members on best practices and technical learning
- Ability to work independently and collaborate cross-functionally
- Collaborate with the broader architecture community to provide input into strategies and standards, ensure solution reuse, leverage and to eliminate solution redundancy
- 8+ years of demonstrated hands-on experience building user facing web-based applications using J2EE and modern UI frameworks
- Experience with core Java/J2EE and open source J2EE frameworks such as Spring MVC, Spring Boot, Structs, and Java Server Faces
- Experience with ORM frameworks such as JPA, Hibernate, Spring Data, Oracle Business Components
- Experience with building applications with modern UI frameworks such as React, AngularJS, Bootstrap
- Experience building applications using HTML5, CSS3, Ajax, Java script
- Experience developing RESTful APIs and web frameworks
- Knowledge of MVC, Monolithic, Micro Services and Object-Oriented Design Patterns
- Experience with source control and build technology (e.g. Ant, Maven, Gradle)
- Experience on Web UI Performance optimization.
- Experience with servers/runtime such as WebLogic, Tomcat, Jetty, and Node.js
- BS/BA degree in Information Systems or Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- Operational exposure to Azure technology stack
- Nice to have implementation experience with business applications such as Oracle ERP, Salesforce and other cloud-based applications
- Experience with stream processing software platform such as Apache Kafka (nice to have)
- Experience with ASP and .NET (nice to have)
- Knowledge of web libraries and frameworks such as Node.js.
- Ability to communicate findings clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Expertise working with relational databases such as Oracle, MS SQL Server and NoSQL databases. This would include schema design, writing DML queries and performance tuning queries
- Proven ability to performance tuning of application code and assist team members in reviewing code and provide suggestions to developers
- Knowledge of Junit, Mockito or other unit testing best practices.
Equal Opportunity Statement
LinkedIn is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. LinkedIn considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class. LinkedIn is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer as described in our equal opportunity statement here. Please reference the Equal Employment Opportunity statement here and supplement here for more information.
LinkedIn is an equal employment opportunity employer offering opportunities to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com. This email box is designed to assist disabled job seekers who seek a reasonable accommodation to the application process. Emails sent for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
In your email, please include the following: (1) confirm you have a disability; (2) identify the disability-related limitation that needs to be accommodated, and (3) if known, describe the specific accommodation requested for the disability-related limitation. A response to your request may take up to three business days.
LinkedIn will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by LinkedIn, or (c) consistent with LinkedIn's legal duty to furnish information.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
As a federal contractor, LinkedIn follows the Pay Transparency and non-discrimination provisions described at this link: https://lnkd.in/paytransparency.
Global Data Privacy Notice
This document provides transparency around the way in which LinkedIn handles personal data of employees and job applicants at this link: https://lnkd.in/GlobalDataPrivacyNotice.