Senior Manager, Business Operations - Long-term Strategy
Business Operations Sr. Manager
LinkedIn was built to help professionals achieve more in their careers, and every day millions of people use our products to make connections, discover opportunities and gain insights. Our global reach means we get to make a direct impact on the world’s workforce in ways no other company can. We’re much more than a digital resume – we transform lives through innovative products and technology.
Searching for your dream job? At LinkedIn, we strive to help our employees find passion and purpose. Join us in changing the way the world works.
We are looking for a Business Operations Sr. Manager to join our team. The successful candidate will partner with our Sales, Product, Marketing, and other cross-functional teams to tackle high-priority strategic questions for our organization, and be part of the core Business Operations (“Biz Ops”) team responsible for objective analysis, operational insights, and strategic initiatives across all of LinkedIn. This role will be a key member of the team focused on working with the LinkedIn leadership to develop and challenge our long-term vision for the company.
- Deliver strategic projects for the executive team that provide key business insights for high-priority initiatives
- Conduct in-depth analysis of our various businesses and develop deep understanding of key value drivers to identify improvement areas and opportunities
- Partner with Sales, Product Management, Marketing, Sales Operations, Finance, Business Development, Corporate Development, and other internal groups, contributing subject matter expertise and progressing cross-functional objectives
- Communicate effectively with partners at all levels, especially senior executives
- Bring clear thinking and excellent problem-solving skills to a range of challenging business questions
- Identify, diagnose and resolve performance issues, define actionable and innovative improvement levers, and support implementation/rollout of your recommendations
- BA/BS degree in economics, management, science, engineering, math, statistics, or related discipline
- 8+ years of experience in strategy consulting, investment banking, private equity or a strategy-related role at a technology company
- Experience with enterprise software, SaaS or online advertising
- Experience working with large datasets and using practical statistical analyses
- Experience solving real-world business and product problems using relational databases
- Experience in sales, digital media, consumer technology and online monetization
- Experience building and maintaining complex models
- Proactive and relentless: Independently capable of seeking information, solving conceptual problems, corralling resources, and delivering results in challenging situations
- High-energy, team-first attitude: Motivated to work hard in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment to help our growing business
- Expert knowledge of MS Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel), SQL, Salesforce.com
- Practical business understanding with a demonstrated interest for technology and/or entrepreneurship
- Independently capable of seeking information, solving conceptual problems, corralling resources and delivering results in challenging situations
- Excellent communication and analytical skills with the ability to distill complex thoughts and strategies into simple, actionable recommendations
- Ability to articulately present and debate recommendations with cross-functional teams and senior leadership
- Ability to effectively manage time, prioritize tasks and work within deadlines with little supervision
Equal Opportunity Statement
LinkedIn is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. LinkedIn considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class. LinkedIn is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer as described in our equal opportunity statement here. Please reference the Equal Employment Opportunity statement here and supplement here for more information.
LinkedIn is an equal employment opportunity employer offering opportunities to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com. This email box is designed to assist disabled job seekers who seek a reasonable accommodation to the application process. Emails sent for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
In your email, please include the following: (1) confirm you have a disability; (2) identify the disability-related limitation that needs to be accommodated, and (3) if known, describe the specific accommodation requested for the disability-related limitation. A response to your request may take up to three business days.
LinkedIn will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by LinkedIn, or (c) consistent with LinkedIn's legal duty to furnish information.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
As a federal contractor, LinkedIn follows the Pay Transparency and non-discrimination provisions described at this link: https://lnkd.in/paytransparency.
Global Data Privacy Notice
This document provides transparency around the way in which LinkedIn handles personal data of employees and job applicants at this link: https://lnkd.in/GlobalDataPrivacyNotice.
San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, LinkedIn will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.