Project Manager, Global Sales Compensation
LinkedIn was built to help professionals achieve more in their careers, and every day millions of people use our products to make connections, discover opportunities and gain insights. Our global reach means we get to make a direct impact on the world’s workforce in ways no other company can. We’re much more than a digital resume – we transform lives through innovative products and technology.
Searching for your dream job? At LinkedIn, we strive to help our employees find passion and purpose. Join us in changing the way the world works.
We are looking for a Global Sales Compensation Project Manager to drive key Sales Comp initiatives for our Finance organization across multiple locations and regions (AMER, EMEA, APAC). In this role, you will lead ongoing cross-functional and internal projects and priorities relating to compensation policy, processes, systems, performance management reporting and operational excellence. You will concurrently work on multiple initiatives and manage an international portfolio of compensation projects, with key stakeholders that can include: Human Resources, Legal, Sales Leadership, Sales Operations, IT, House Security, Payroll, FP&A, Accounting, Sales Comp Systems, Sales Comp Reporting and Analytics, and our third-party Incentive Compensation Management provider (Xactly).
- Establish project scope & objectives, project plan, resource plan, project cadence and maintain all the key project documentation to ensure success of a project.
- Develop the project schedule and a plan to ensure timely completion of the project.
- Establish strong working relationships and drive engagement with cross-functional partners; own communications on status, including progress of issues, risks and mitigation strategies.
- Manage the plan and execute against plan: action items, owners, due dates, statuses, issues, lessons learned and risks.
- Assemble the project team, identify competencies, and assign resources to development tasks appropriate to everyone’s knowledge, skill, and abilities.
- Apply project management tools to manage, assign and prioritize tasks, as well as due dates and track project progress.
- Conduct daily scrum, weekly stand ups with team & track project milestones, outcomes and taking lessons learned forward to expand, improve and evolve the program, while building scalable processes.
- Assist with the annual compensation planning process and with decision making, while managing the ongoing portfolio of initiatives, in alignment with our design philosophy and strategy.
- Support internal and external-facing communications to share program information, progress and contacts.
- Act as a thought partner and strategic advisor to the leaders within the Sales Compensation team.
- Seek opportunities to improve existing programs and processes, while using data to drive recommendations and give direction that supports our sales comp mission and objectives.
- Drive appropriate governance and compliance with the internal audit, external audit, and SOX teams, related to our compensation policies, programs and processes.
- Manage assigned systems and assist team in the requirement gathering process and collaboration with stakeholders.
- 3+ years of project management experience
- BA/BS degree in Information Technology, business or related field.
- Experience with project management software tools, methodologies and best practices.
- PMP or equivalent certification.
- Proven ability to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline.
- Applied experience with change management, working in a fast-paced technology organization.
- Ability to clearly communicate and collaborate and guide project team members.
- Ability to logically and efficiently structure ambiguous problems, identify sources of data, conduct complicated analysis, identify key insights and recommend actions.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and initiatives at once, with a working knowledge of end-to-end project life cycles and methods.
- Ability to be highly productive and proactive with supporting key stakeholders.
- Ability to logically and efficiently structure solutions to ambiguous problems, conduct impact analysis, identify key insights, and recommend an action plan.
- Ability to effectively manage your time, prioritize tasks, and work within deadlines with little supervision.
- Experience working across offices and regions on global projects.
- Experience using and working with ICM, project management and cloud-based technologies (ex. MS Project, Office 365, Workday, Smartsheet, SFDC, Xactly, Callidus, MS Dynamics).
- Functional understanding of sales compensation principles and processes.
Equal Opportunity Statement
LinkedIn is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. LinkedIn considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class. LinkedIn is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer as described in our equal opportunity statement here. Please reference the Equal Employment Opportunity statement here and supplement here for more information.
LinkedIn is an equal employment opportunity employer offering opportunities to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. This email box is designed to assist disabled job seekers who seek a reasonable accommodation to the application process. Emails sent for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
In your email, please include the following: (1) confirm you have a disability; (2) identify the disability-related limitation that needs to be accommodated, and (3) if known, describe the specific accommodation requested for the disability-related limitation. A response to your request may take up to three business days.
LinkedIn will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by LinkedIn, or (c) consistent with LinkedIn's legal duty to furnish information.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
As a federal contractor, LinkedIn follows the Pay Transparency and non-discrimination provisions described at this link: https://lnkd.in/paytransparency.
Global Data Privacy Notice
This document provides transparency around the way in which LinkedIn handles personal data of employees and job applicants at this link: https://lnkd.in/GlobalDataPrivacyNotice.