Risk and Compliance Lead
LinkedIn was built to help professionals achieve more in their careers, and every day millions of people use our products to make connections, discover opportunities and gain insights. Our global reach means we get to make a direct impact on the world’s workforce in ways no other company can. We’re much more than a digital resume – we transform lives through innovative products and technology.
Searching for your dream job? At LinkedIn, we strive to help our employees find passion and purpose. Join us in changing the way the world works.
The vision of the Quote-to-Cash (“QTC”) Finance Transformation & Compliance team at LinkedIn is to enable world class, industry leading, scalable capabilities, and processes to support finance operations, business growth strategies, and compliance for various finance functions within the QTC cycle. The team is responsible for defining the transformation strategy and business architecture to help the Finance teams achieve the future state. In addition, the team is responsible for innovative solutions and products for the Finance and organization readiness/adoption of various changes to the overall QTC Finance landscape. The QTC Finance team drives a high impact, large scale transformation journey through on-going re-architecture and re-design of the entire QTC experience (customer, sales, operations & compliance) coupled with internal Finance process optimization initiatives leveraging industry best practices & emerging technologies.
We are looking for a strategic and versatile Risk and Compliance Lead with extensive experience in SOX readiness assessment, related compliance activities and compliance automation focused on Quote to Cash (QTC) / Customer to Cash (C2C) area. The ideal candidate can bring forward new insights about how to continually improve and evolve our approach in driving a robust risk, control, and compliance program at world class levels of efficiency and effectiveness.
This person will work closely with the various finance stakeholders (Operations, Global Process Owners, etc.), IT teams, and other cross-functional program teams to lead various strategic initiatives from compliance perspective that will enable the Finance organization to scale and support business strategy while ensuring compliance. The ideal candidate must have a collaborative, professional, and service-oriented approach when interacting with business partners, utilizing strong communication skills and interpersonal skills. Having the ability to adapt to change and shifting priorities quickly while maintaining organization and accuracy will be key for this role.
- Understand the current control environment, key controls and compliance monitoring metrics and drive the industry analysis to determine the future state & trends to be adopted within LinkedIn QTC Compliance
- Standardize compliance activities, identify, analyze and manage strategic risks across QTC while interfacing with cross-functional stakeholders through sharing best practices and utilizing common tools
- Define executive level risk, control, and compliance dashboards as well as monitoring practices leveraging best in class solutions
- Lead special projects aimed at driving automation, process commonization, and data analytics
- Manage compliance-driven initiatives and / or processes which require close partnership with compliance and / or audit function
- Monitor project progress and ensure key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes
- Lead SOX readiness assessments & documentation for key projects impacting the Quote to Cash process and provide insight in the design of manual and automated controls
- Support key business/IT partners in implementation of ITGCs and IT application controls while sharing industry best practices/expertise
- Perform quarterly and annual internal control activities such as review of system access including audits of segregation of duties and identify opportunities to automate and improve these processes
- Prepare executive-level presentations for Global Process Owners and Controllership to communicate results of SOX readiness assessments
- Effectively partner with cross functional leads across the Finance, Engineering and Support organizations to influence the design and implementation of key and operational controls
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Accounting Information Systems or Finance, or related field; or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 7 years in accounting, audit, advisory or a financial systems-related role
- Experience with SOX system, process and internal controls assessment and design of internal controls over financial reporting in a SOX compliant environment
- Industry and Big 4 experience preferred
- Business process acumen, ideally including an understanding of Quote to cash (QTC) processes, how systems support these processes, and the related risks that impact financial reporting
- Knowledge and experience in SAAS and media/online advertising industries (B2C and B2B)
- Experience in Revenue Accounting
- Significant experience working in a global and matrixed organization in the technology industry, with insight and sensitivity to cultural influences
- Understanding of the COSO framework and a strong grasp of risk management
- Proven ability to work in a cross-functional, fast-paced environment, and to lead and drive complex SOX compliance transformation and automation initiatives
- Self-starter with good business judgment, strong conviction and confidence to communicate effectively with business partners.
- A versatile and driven team player with strong communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills
Equal Opportunity Statement
LinkedIn is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. LinkedIn considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class. LinkedIn is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer as described in our equal opportunity statement here. Please reference the Equal Employment Opportunity statement here and supplement here for more information.
LinkedIn is an equal employment opportunity employer offering opportunities to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. This email box is designed to assist disabled job seekers who seek a reasonable accommodation to the application process. Emails sent for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
In your email, please include the following: (1) confirm you have a disability; (2) identify the disability-related limitation that needs to be accommodated, and (3) if known, describe the specific accommodation requested for the disability-related limitation. A response to your request may take up to three business days.
LinkedIn will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by LinkedIn, or (c) consistent with LinkedIn's legal duty to furnish information.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
As a federal contractor, LinkedIn follows the Pay Transparency and non-discrimination provisions described at this link: https://lnkd.in/paytransparency.
Global Data Privacy Notice
This document provides transparency around the way in which LinkedIn handles personal data of employees and job applicants at this link: https://lnkd.in/GlobalDataPrivacyNotice.