Manager, Product Evaluation Testing
LinkedIn was built to create economic opportunities for every member of the global workforce. Every day millions of people use our products to make connections, discover opportunities, and gain insights. Our global reach means we get to make a direct impact on the world’s workforce in ways no other company can. We’re much more than a professional networking and job site – we transform lives through innovative products and technology.
LinkedIn is looking for a data-driven, strategic, and customer-focused leader to champion product testing and evaluation in an extremely fast paced, hyper growth environment. You and your team of member-focused product evaluators will work with product managers, engineers, and application designers, to help evaluate, shape and improve the product features that make our members successful each and every day. You will assess the readiness of our latest changes prior to their being released. You excel at planning and execution of tests across the entire portfolio of LinkedIn’s products. It is your role to drive strategic initiatives to improve product quality across the company and to transform the working model of the team.
We are looking for a leader that is customer centric, builds relationships, is open, honest and constructive, inspires excellence, takes intelligent risks and acts like an owner. You will influence product and technology strategy with clear data, insights and impact. You are responsible for attracting, engaging and developing your teams while inspiring them to achieve outstanding results at LinkedIn.
If you have the right combination of technical skills, business acumen, and leadership ability and want to make a big impact, this is a great opportunity for you.
- Lead a team of product evaluators and testers to ensure the highest quality product delivery.
- Define measurable metrics to gauge progress against objective goals and impact to customers.
- Partner with product and engineering teams to understand product vision and requirements
- Set and drive expectations around quality for feature releases grounded in solid customer impact and product understanding
- Be responsible for development of test strategies and creation of appropriate test harnesses
- Oversee the development and execution of test plans and monitor and report on test execution with respect to functionality, usability, performance, and security.
- Set standards of delightful product qualification and mentor others to adopt high standards
- Influence the product development approaches and actions based on user acceptance data
- Be an experienced but hands-on manager who can build a high performing and collaborative organization
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time
- Bachelor’s degree
- 7+ years’ experience in one or more of the following areas: Product Evaluation, Quality Assurance, User Experience and/or Program/Project Management
- 5+ years of experience in hands-on software testing for consumer or enterprise applications
- 3+ years of experience as a people manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field
- Prior work experience with consumer facing internet websites and/or apps
- Strong communicator able to work across teams and levels
- Experience in Agile Testing practices desirable
- Experience with SQL and database structures is a plus
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Experience coaching and mentoring team members and partners across geographies
- Strong program/process management experience
- Possess customer advocacy mindset
- Strong collaboration and influencing skills
- Experience in managing resources and area ownership within a distributed and adaptable model.
Equal Opportunity Statement
LinkedIn is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. LinkedIn considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class. LinkedIn is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer as described in our equal opportunity statement here. Please reference the Equal Employment Opportunity statement here and supplement here for more information.
LinkedIn is an equal employment opportunity employer offering opportunities to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com. This email box is designed to assist disabled job seekers who seek a reasonable accommodation to the application process. Emails sent for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
In your email, please include the following: (1) confirm you have a disability; (2) identify the disability-related limitation that needs to be accommodated, and (3) if known, describe the specific accommodation requested for the disability-related limitation. A response to your request may take up to three business days.
LinkedIn will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by LinkedIn, or (c) consistent with LinkedIn's legal duty to furnish information.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
As a federal contractor, LinkedIn follows the Pay Transparency and non-discrimination provisions described at this link: https://lnkd.in/paytransparency.
Global Data Privacy Notice
This document provides transparency around the way in which LinkedIn handles personal data of employees and job applicants at this link: https://lnkd.in/GlobalDataPrivacyNotice.