Senior News Editor, Audience Development & Distribution
Senior News Editor, Audience Development and Distribution
San Francisco or New York, Full-Time
LinkedIn was built to help professionals achieve more in their careers, and every day millions of people use our products to make connections, discover opportunities and gain insights. Our global reach means we get to make a direct impact on the world’s workforce in ways no other company can.
Searching for your dream job? At LinkedIn, we strive to help our employees find passion and purpose. Join us in changing the way the world works.
LinkedIn is looking for an audience engagement and social media editor to join a brand new team focused on audience development and distribution. In this new role, the editor’s goal will be to engage LinkedIn members in novel ways around news and industry trends, and reach professionals who aren’t already very active on LinkedIn. This includes helping to shape and execute social strategies for both on and off LinkedIn, amplifying editorial content using various social media channels and leveraging LinkedIn tools to ensure professionals are getting the right content at the right time.
The ideal candidate is a self starter with a deep understanding of both established and emerging social media channels, has experience building and growing audiences from the ground up, excellent writing skills and an entrepreneurial approach. The candidate is also data-driven and excited to experiment with reaching audiences in new ways--but comfortable with abandoning a plan that isn't working.
Though the audience development and distribution team will be U.S. focused, your thinking should be global in scope, as you’ll be joining an international team of journalists who help cultivate, curate and create the content that flows through LinkedIn.You’ll work closely with daily news and reporting teams, deciding which content to prioritize for social, and provide guidance on how to best amplify trending stories, video, newsletters and other content. You’ll inform what we create and share, while handling notifications and writing social posts.
- Help shape audience development and distribution strategy, and execute on plans
- Write and publish posts on-and-off LinkedIn
- Help manage, moderate and grow key audiences and engagement while meeting ambitious goals
- Set, track and measure followers and engagement, and use metrics to spot trends and make informed strategic decisions
- Help generate new ideas for content based on analytic insights and other metrics for audience engagement
- Provide guidance on how best to amplify various forms of content, from video and podcasts to newsletters and posts.
- Identify emerging growth tactics and trends in video, photo, and other formats across social platforms, while experimenting with new ways to share and tell stories that fits LinkedIn’s professional audience
- Collaborate with product teams (product managers, data scientists, UX designers etc) to help inform new products for creators
- Partner with marketing and communications teams to help manage social media budget
- 5+ years managing social accounts and/or audiences for a media or consumer-facing brand
- Writing and editing experience
- Experience with social analytics, social tools and reporting
- Experience working in a news or media environment
- Ability to spot emerging trends and growth tactics, and devise a plan for sharing and telling stories in new ways
- Experience with original and curated news
- Active social media presence
- A strategic approach with a knack for testing and iterating to find out what works
- Willingness to pitch in where needed to achieve the goals of a small team
- Passion for LinkedIn and editorial’s goal of bringing professionals the news and insights they need.
- Loves working in a fast-paced and changing environment
Equal Opportunity Statement
LinkedIn is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. LinkedIn considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class. LinkedIn is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer as described in our equal opportunity statement here. Please reference the Equal Employment Opportunity statement here and supplement here for more information.
LinkedIn is an equal employment opportunity employer offering opportunities to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. This email box is designed to assist disabled job seekers who seek a reasonable accommodation to the application process. Emails sent for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
In your email, please include the following: (1) confirm you have a disability; (2) identify the disability-related limitation that needs to be accommodated, and (3) if known, describe the specific accommodation requested for the disability-related limitation. A response to your request may take up to three business days.
LinkedIn will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by LinkedIn, or (c) consistent with LinkedIn's legal duty to furnish information.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
As a federal contractor, LinkedIn follows the Pay Transparency and non-discrimination provisions described at this link: https://lnkd.in/paytransparency.
Global Data Privacy Notice
This document provides transparency around the way in which LinkedIn handles personal data of employees and job applicants at this link: https://lnkd.in/GlobalDataPrivacyNotice.