Director of Software Engineering, EPE
LinkedIn was built to help professionals achieve more in their careers. Every day, millions of people use our products to make connections, discover opportunities and gain insights. Our global reach means we get to make a direct impact on the world’s workforce in ways no other company can. We’re much more than a digital resume – we transform lives through innovative products and technology.
Searching for your dream job? At LinkedIn, we strive to help our employees find passion and purpose. Join us in changing the way the world works.
This role requires both technical depth and a passion for empowering teams to build innovative solutions for cutting-edge challenges. In Enterprise Productivity Engineering, we solve some of the toughest productivity problems faced by engineers. Every day, we push ourselves to further hone the competitive edge provided by LinkedIn's infrastructure, tools, and engineers.
If you believe in building for the long-term and making an impact, this is the role for you.
- Sets the strategic vision and technical direction for the organization.
- Recruit exceptional talent and manage, mentor, and inspire the organization with a focus on collaboration, and a willingness to take intelligent risks.
- Acts as a role model of LinkedIn’s culture and values, and coaches and encourages others to model these values.
- Lead the organization responsible for development of systems used to improve and scale the day-to-day operations of LinkedIn's corporate infrastructure, including site observability and analytics, resilience engineering, and incident triage automation.
- Encourage a data-driven culture using predictive data insights to forecast key site metrics, analyze infrastructure health, and highlight trends.
- Manage budget for enterprise infrastructure and collaboration products used for enterprise productivity.
- Partner with LinkedIn's engineering leadership and cross-functional teams within EPE to enhance productivity company-wide.
- Proactively align resources and processes to mitigate risk, prioritize work, and optimize the execution of high quality, cross-functional, multi-organization initiatives.
- Lead the planning and execution of key projects within the organization, driven by LinkedIn's strategic priorities and initiatives.
- Enable and empower your team to rapidly innovate and iterate on tools and infrastructure that multiply the effectiveness of LinkedIn's engineers.
- Raise the bar for code quality, operational standards, and execution by nurturing talent through continuous feedback and review.
- Define and deliver the KPIs for the EPE organization and its partners.
- Building and managing globally diverse teams with line managers managing multiple functional areas.
- Leverage lean engineering processes to focus on and rapidly iterate on the right solutions for the right problems.
- Serve as the ambassador for applications, integrations and infrastructure within the organization.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent.
- 5+ years in a large-scale web application infrastructure leadership position.
- 4+ years experience in two or more of the following areas: DevSecOps, SRE, cloud migration, data platforms and analysis, machine learning pipelines, product development, or systems integration.
- Experience managing and extracting actionable data from visualization platforms such as Tableau, PowerBI, Grafana, and Kibana.
- Proven experience attracting, retaining, and developing high performing engineering and operations talent.
- Masters in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 10+ years in a large-scale web application infrastructure leadership position.
- Knowledge of software defined networking in web-scale cloud environments.
- Prior experience in operating and migrating large-scale applications in a public cloud.
- Hands-on experience with Microsoft Azure or other cloud providers.
- Hands-on experience with relational databases such as MySQL, Microsoft SQL, and PostgreSQL.
- Hands-on experience with NoSQL databases such as Redis, Cosmos DB, and Cassandra.
- Experience managing or integrating with event streaming technologies such as Kafka, Event Hub, or Kinesis
- Experience working with configuration management tools such as ARM, Terraform, Ansible, Salt, or Puppet.
- Proficiency with Git and one or more object-oriented programming languages, such as Python, Java, C#, or Go.
- Strong hands-on experience supporting production environments with monitored, well-defined SLAs.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
Equal Opportunity Statement
LinkedIn is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. LinkedIn considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class. LinkedIn is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer as described in our equal opportunity statement here. Please reference the Equal Employment Opportunity statement here and supplement here for more information.
LinkedIn is committed to offering an inclusive and accessible experience for all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. Our goal is to foster an inclusive and accessible workplace where everyone has the opportunity to be successful.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening, apply for a position, or participate in the interview process, connect with us at email@example.com and describe the specific accommodation requested for a disability-related limitation.
Reasonable accommodations are modifications or adjustments to the application or hiring process that would enable you to fully participate in that process. Examples of reasonable accommodations include but are not limited to:
- Documents in alternate formats or read aloud to you
- Having interviews in an accessible location
- Being accompanied by a service dog
- Having a sign language interpreter present for the interview
A request for an accommodation will be responded to within three business days. However, non-disability related requests, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
LinkedIn will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by LinkedIn, or (c) consistent with LinkedIn's legal duty to furnish information.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
As a federal contractor, LinkedIn follows the Pay Transparency and non-discrimination provisions described at this link: https://lnkd.in/paytransparency.
Global Data Privacy Notice
This document provides transparency around the way in which LinkedIn handles personal data of employees and job applicants at this link: https://lnkd.in/GlobalDataPrivacyNotice.