Product Manager, Growth
Product Manager, Growth
LinkedIn was built to help professionals achieve more in their careers, and everyday millions of people use our products to make connections, discover opportunities and gain insights. Our global reach means we get to make a direct impact on the world’s workforce in ways no other company can.
Your network is one of the most important assets on LinkedIn: it determines what you see on the feed, the notifications you get, and who you can message. Having the right network of people you know & things you care about turns LinkedIn into a place for meaningful conversations and relationships that can help your career. Conversely, having the wrong network leads to a diluted experience that erodes trust and hinders you from getting value from LinkedIn. Today, only a fraction of connections built and interests followed are meaningful. The goal of this role is to define what a healthy network looks like and create a holistic strategy and plan to get there.
- Create a strategy & roadmap to reduce the number of unwanted connection requests in our connections ecosystems so members can form meaningful relationships
- Define the role of connections and follows in the overall LinkedIn ecosystem, and derive a company-wide strategy and roadmap to get there.
- Create principles and success metrics for what a healthy network looks like and work with various product teams across LinkedIn (e.g. Feed, Messaging, and Trust) to work towards it
- Create a GTM plan to implement fundamental product changes needed to nurture healthy networking behavior (e.g. reduce connection count of 30k)
- Drive global product requirements definition, product planning and product design (including writing PRDs) of new features and enhancements
- Work cross-functionally and with the Product Development team to bring features live to the site
- Clearly communicate product benefits to our users and internal stakeholders
- BS/BA Degree in a technology related field OR equivalent experience
- 4+ years of experience in product management or equivalent role
- MS degree in a technology-related field
- Experience building web products with a demonstrated ability to drive product planning, development and launch
- Strong understanding of the most recent trends around consumer web usage including experience with social media
- Knowledge of the Internet, emerging web technologies and community building
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact with and understand technical subjects and emerging technologies and their relevance to the marketplace
- Ability to manage and lead across highly cross-functional teams
- Ability to communicate findings clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences
Equal Opportunity Statement
LinkedIn is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. LinkedIn considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class. LinkedIn is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer as described in our equal opportunity statement here. Please reference the Equal Employment Opportunity statement here and supplement here for more information.
LinkedIn is committed to offering an inclusive and accessible experience for all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. Our goal is to foster an inclusive and accessible workplace where everyone has the opportunity to be successful.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening, apply for a position, or participate in the interview process, connect with us at email@example.com and describe the specific accommodation requested for a disability-related limitation.
Reasonable accommodations are modifications or adjustments to the application or hiring process that would enable you to fully participate in that process. Examples of reasonable accommodations include but are not limited to:
- Documents in alternate formats or read aloud to you
- Having interviews in an accessible location
- Being accompanied by a service dog
- Having a sign language interpreter present for the interview
A request for an accommodation will be responded to within three business days. However, non-disability related requests, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
LinkedIn will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by LinkedIn, or (c) consistent with LinkedIn's legal duty to furnish information.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
As a federal contractor, LinkedIn follows the Pay Transparency and non-discrimination provisions described at this link: https://lnkd.in/paytransparency.
Global Data Privacy Notice
This document provides transparency around the way in which LinkedIn handles personal data of employees and job applicants at this link: https://lnkd.in/GlobalDataPrivacyNotice.