Director - Trust and Safety Threat Prevention
LinkedIn was built to help professionals achieve more in their careers, and every day millions of people use our products to make connections, discover opportunities and gain insights. Our global reach means we get to make a direct impact on the world’s workforce in ways no other company can. We’re much more than a digital resume – we transform lives through innovative products and technology.
Searching for your dream job? At LinkedIn, we strive to help our employees find passion and purpose. Join us in changing the way the world works.
We are looking for a Director of Threat Prevention to join our Trust & Safety team in keeping LinkedIn a professional and safe place. In this role, you will be responsible for leading teams that handle the gathering of threat intelligence as well as identification of product/feature risks. The ideal candidate is a proven leader with exceptional experience in operations, fraud, risk management, and problem-solving skills who is comfortable interacting with all levels, including executive management, product, engineering, and legal teams.
You are able to handle highly sensitive, confidential, and non-routine information supporting a rapidly changing organization. Using your strong communication skills, you'll effectively collaborate with a variety of people and job functions, juggling and accomplishing tasks of moderate to high complexity and are able to work productively in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment. You're also able to analyze and anticipate the needs of your team, managers, business partners and their projects.
- Build out and scale a team of multiple functions in support of the Trust & Safety organization at LinkedIn with the following responsibilities:
- Threat Intelligence – A group of highly skilled and focused analysts that seek out threats to LinkedIn and our members. Partner with teams in legal, product, engineering, information security, and AI to help tune our radar and defenses.
- Risk Management – This team is focused on identifying and preventing risks to the LinkedIn ecosystem before they’re pushed into production. They work with teams in product, engineering and AI to prevent, detect and mitigate the damage fraudsters would have on our members, customers and LinkedIn. Additionally, they work with their assigned product partners to build trust into every product and feature from its inception.
- Proven ability to build and manage high performing teams, setting a vision and strategy to drive the teams forward and keeping them focused on delivering results critical to business success
- Identify and analyze improvements to the business – opportunities for improving the customer experience and driving operating efficiency – to support the strategic and operational goals of Trust & Safety
- Ability to lead and influence in a matrixed environment is critical
- Foster collaboration, value other’s perspectives and gain support and buy-in for organizational proposals
- Ability to negotiate with peers and senior leaders to come to agreed upon and productive solutions to business problems
- Proven ability to create and further develop strong relationships with both business and engineering leadership
- Partner with cross-functional teams to produce requirements and design for business capabilities that align to LinkedIn’s business and technology strategies
- 8+ years of experience in fields such as E-crimes, Financial Crimes, Trust & Safety and/or Risk Management
- 4+ years of management and leadership roles, or equivalent consulting experience
- Outstanding leadership, facilitation and problem-solving skills. Ability to effectively collaborate and influence at all levels of the organization.
- A broad enterprise-wide view of the business and varying degrees of appreciation of strategy, processes and capabilities, enabling technologies and governance.
- Experience managing/supporting relationships related to abuse prevention solutions.
- Strong situational awareness and decision-making abilities
- Relationship-oriented, enjoy working with both people + technology, and be a self-motivated learner
- Well-versed in risk and fraud management strategies
- Experience working in fast-paced, high-growth, and results orientated environment that demands excellence
- Ability to succeed in a highly collaborative team environment with multiple in-flight initiatives and stakeholders
- Exceptional communication skills and the demonstrable ability to communicate appropriately at all levels of the organization; this includes written and verbal communications as well as visualizations.
- Experience with change management
- Superior judgment, problem resolution, team building, negotiation, decision-making skills
- Ability to successfully navigate between tactical and strategic objectives
- Manages confidentiality without exception
- Undergraduate degree is preferred: Bachelor of Science / Bachelor of Arts
- Government clearance a strong plus
Equal Opportunity Statement
LinkedIn is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. LinkedIn considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class. LinkedIn is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer as described in our equal opportunity statement here. Please reference the Equal Employment Opportunity statement here and supplement here for more information.
LinkedIn is an equal employment opportunity employer offering opportunities to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com. This email box is designed to assist disabled job seekers who seek a reasonable accommodation to the application process. Emails sent for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
In your email, please include the following: (1) confirm you have a disability; (2) identify the disability-related limitation that needs to be accommodated, and (3) if known, describe the specific accommodation requested for the disability-related limitation. A response to your request may take up to three business days.
LinkedIn will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by LinkedIn, or (c) consistent with LinkedIn's legal duty to furnish information.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
As a federal contractor, LinkedIn follows the Pay Transparency and non-discrimination provisions described at this link: https://lnkd.in/paytransparency.
Global Data Privacy Notice
This document provides transparency around the way in which LinkedIn handles personal data of employees and job applicants at this link: https://lnkd.in/GlobalDataPrivacyNotice.