Staff User Experience Designer
LinkedIn’s vision is to create economic opportunity for every member of the global workforce. Our global Product Design team advances this vision through quality, inclusive design. We're passionate about designing an equal, fair, and accessible platform.
Our products help professionals all over the world stay connected and be more productive. The LinkedIn ecosystem is about more than just job-hunting — we help create and support active communities, along with making sales, marketing, learning, and recruiting more successful and delightful.
Why join Product Design at LinkedIn?
- You’ll be joining our impactful Infrastructure UX team that works closely across teams.
- Influence our design DNA by evolving our consumer design principles and components.
- Run visionary workshops and innovate directly with our product executive team.
- A trusting, open environment helps us do our best work.
- We’re equipped with the best design tools in the business, including Figma, Principle, Miro, and more.
You will lead the creation and documentation of information architecture, framework principles, and design patterns across our flagship global consumer product.
We’re looking for a designer who leads by connecting the dots between user insights, member experiences, and business goals. You have the full picture of our ecosystem and can jump into pixel-level details. You’ll partner and collaborate closely with user research, UX writing, product management, engineering, marketing, data science, design systems, and more. Designing for the world's workforce takes a diverse, empowered team — come be a part of ours.
Learn more about our design community at design.linkedin.com
- Audit, evaluate, and establish the global consumer product and site architecture.
- Define information architecture, topology, and principles: destination pages, leaf pages, and modals.
- Build shared components and be the bridge between Design Systems and our Flagship Product.
- Work on concept work that translates strategy and vision to tangible outcomes.
- To be considered for this position, you must include your portfolio, website, or other work samples.
- BA/BS degree in graphic design, design communication, human-computer interaction, or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience participating in the complete product development lifecycle of web or software applications
- 7+ years of experience in user experience design or industry experience (corporate, software, web, or agency)
- Strong ability to contribute ideas that influence product strategy on adjacent teams.
- Strong experience in independently delivering large-scale projects that are forward-thinking and shape the future of the business.
- Demonstrated ability as a subject matter expert who has owned an area of the business.
- Demonstrated ability to drive strategy and vision for respective projects and teams.
- Experience in solving unstructured problems with few dependencies; embracing ambiguity and transforming it into effective, actionable plans.
- Strong experience in consumer product design with excellent visual craftsmanship.
Equal Opportunity Statement
LinkedIn is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. LinkedIn considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class. LinkedIn is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer as described in our equal opportunity statement here. Please reference the Equal Employment Opportunity statement here and supplement here for more information.
LinkedIn is committed to offering an inclusive and accessible experience for all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. Our goal is to foster an inclusive and accessible workplace where everyone has the opportunity to be successful.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening, apply for a position, or participate in the interview process, connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org and describe the specific accommodation requested for a disability-related limitation.
Reasonable accommodations are modifications or adjustments to the application or hiring process that would enable you to fully participate in that process. Examples of reasonable accommodations include but are not limited to:
- Documents in alternate formats or read aloud to you
- Having interviews in an accessible location
- Being accompanied by a service dog
- Having a sign language interpreter present for the interview
A request for an accommodation will be responded to within three business days. However, non-disability related requests, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
LinkedIn will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by LinkedIn, or (c) consistent with LinkedIn's legal duty to furnish information.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
As a federal contractor, LinkedIn follows the Pay Transparency and non-discrimination provisions described at this link: https://lnkd.in/paytransparency.
Global Data Privacy Notice
This document provides transparency around the way in which LinkedIn handles personal data of employees and job applicants at this link: https://lnkd.in/GlobalDataPrivacyNotice.
San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, LinkedIn will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.