Senior Technical Consultant
This role will be based in either Sunnyvale or Chicago, depending on which location the applicant chosen for the role is currently residing.
LinkedIn was built to help professionals achieve more in their careers, and every day millions of people use our products to make connections, discover opportunities and gain insights. Our global reach means we get to make a direct impact on the world’s workforce in ways no other company can. We’re much more than a digital resume – we transform lives through innovative products and technology.
We embrace diversity, inclusion and belonging as a core value of our culture and operating rhythm across Marketing Solutions globally. Diversity of all forms - abilities, age, ethnic backgrounds, races, career experiences, and more – is what propels us closer towards realizing LinkedIn’s vision of creating economic opportunity for every member of the global workforce.
Searching for your dream job? At LinkedIn, we strive to help our employees find passion and purpose. Join us in changing the way the world works.
LinkedIn Marketing Solutions is searching for a Senior Technical Consultant to empower sales teams through solutions oriented problem solving and product support. Senior Technical Consultants provide front line troubleshooting and manage product challenges impacting our most sophisticated advertising customers. Senior Technical Consultants work with Linkedin’s Go-To-Market (GTM) teams to drive readiness for new products and features and provide general technical guidance. As part of the Technical Solutions team, you’ll collaborate with cross functional partners across Sales, Product and Engineering to ensure that the internal and external users of our marketing solutions products are delighted on a daily basis.
The Senior Technical Consultant is an expert of LinkedIn’s Campaign Manager Tool and has a sophisticated understanding of both the front end UI as well as the technical infrastructure and APIs that supports our advertising products. You are able to effectively communicate technical specifications to Engineers and simultaneously distill technical concepts so they are easily understood by our customers. You are a nimble team player who is comfortable managing multiple projects concurrently in a business that is quickly evolving. The Senior Technical Consultant is skilled at building partnerships and establishing credibility among across multiple cross functional partners.
- Drive product support readiness for new products and features by supporting GTM teams and processes.
- Utilize advanced technical troubleshooting to verify unexpected product behavior. As needed, escalate new issues to Technical Service Managers as quickly as possible for further review, validation, and analysis.
- Work directly with Advertisers and Sales to drive client success by offering solutions and recommendations. Maintain streamlined operations by utilizing internal ticketing tools and adhering to established processes.
- Collaborate with Engineering and Technical Services Managers to prioritize and manage escalated issues on behalf of our internal and external customers.
- Attend key stakeholder meetings to continually provide awareness of new and ongoing issues as well as product changes.
- Report on product quality and feedback escalation trends, top issues, and improvement initiatives.
- Partner with Engineering and Product Management to drive quality improvement initiatives and deliver the best advertiser experience possible.
- Empower sales success by building content for scalable training, help documentation and education programs.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 4+ years of experience in Digital Advertising, Online Media or related field
- 2+ years of experience in Technical Support, Quality Assurance, Product Operations, Product Management or related field
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Background in interacting with diverse groups of technical and non-technical individuals
- Customer communication soft skills with the ability to capture customer requirements, handle and resolve customer conflicts using various modes of communication.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and be able to effectively convey complex subjects to both technical and non-technical audiences at all levels.
- Experience with troubleshooting technical issues using browser-based developer tools.
- Experience with web tracking and analytics technology including cookies, tracking pixels, ad tags, container tags, and analytics programs such as Google Analytics.
- Excellent analytical skills, including the ability to pull data directly using SQL or Presto, analyze large data sets, and identify business insights from data.
- Proven ability to adapt to change. Dynamic in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to learn new technologies.
- Familiarity with Unix and cURL.
- Familiarity with issue management systems (JIRA) and CRM systems (Dynamics, Salesforce, Oracle Service Cloud, Zendesk).
Equal Opportunity Statement
LinkedIn is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. LinkedIn considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class. LinkedIn is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer as described in our equal opportunity statement here. Please reference the Equal Employment Opportunity statement here and supplement here for more information.
LinkedIn is committed to offering an inclusive and accessible experience for all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. Our goal is to foster an inclusive and accessible workplace where everyone has the opportunity to be successful.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening, apply for a position, or participate in the interview process, connect with us at [email protected] and describe the specific accommodation requested for a disability-related limitation.
Reasonable accommodations are modifications or adjustments to the application or hiring process that would enable you to fully participate in that process. Examples of reasonable accommodations include but are not limited to:
- Documents in alternate formats or read aloud to you
- Having interviews in an accessible location
- Being accompanied by a service dog
- Having a sign language interpreter present for the interview
A request for an accommodation will be responded to within three business days. However, non-disability related requests, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
LinkedIn will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by LinkedIn, or (c) consistent with LinkedIn's legal duty to furnish information.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
As a federal contractor, LinkedIn follows the Pay Transparency and non-discrimination provisions described at this link: https://lnkd.in/paytransparency.
Global Data Privacy Notice
This document provides transparency around the way in which LinkedIn handles personal data of employees and job applicants at this link: https://lnkd.in/GlobalDataPrivacyNotice.