Sr. Manager, Product Operations Insights
LinkedIn was built to help professionals achieve more in their careers, and every day millions of people use our products to make connections, discover opportunities and gain insights. Our global reach means we get to make a direct impact on the world’s workforce unique only to LinkedIn! We’re much more than a digital resume – we transform lives through innovative products and technology.
Searching for your dream job? At LinkedIn, we strive to help our employees find passion and purpose. Join us in changing the way the world works.
LinkedIn is searching for a passionate Sr. Manager to lead our Insights team within the Product Operations Signals team. This person will play a key strategic role by leading a team of data-driven problem solvers focused on identifying areas of opportunity for LinkedIn’s Product Quality and Operations teams through data-driven products, programs, and self-serve tools. They will be responsible for partnering across the Product Operations team to review opportunities to scale key analyses used to drive product excellence and customer / member engagement. They will also be responsible for proactively surfacing insights and recommendations to Product Leaders to influence roadmap and strategy. This is a unique opportunity to partner with leadership and cross-functional organizations to help deliver a best-in-class support experience for all of LinkedIn’s 600M+ members.
- Inspire a team of Insights Analysts to do their best work through active development and coaching
- Effectively source, interview and hire a strong team that holds a very high standard in everything they do
- Work with senior leadership to define and execute on the Insights roadmap (programs, products, and tools)
- Equip our Product Quality and Operations teams with the insights and tools they need to deliver exceptional products and services to all members and customers
- Provide insights to ensure support teams are adequately staffed to meet new product initiatives
- Lead analytical efforts in an unstructured environment to identify operational insights and improve decision-making across various stakeholders
- Provide methodology & measurement for new product quality metrics like user success & sentiment
- Develop predictive analytics engine in partnership with Data Science to project the impact of friction reduction in product
- Manage cross-functional relationships and drive strategy in partnership with Data Science, Product, Support, and more
- Develop a strong partnership and execution with Data Science and Engineering to ensure foundational data are available and accurate for Insights tools and analyses
- Scale our data infrastructure to connect the signals we have across our members and customers, including but not limited to: customer support cases, social media mentions, behavioral data on the platform, and more
- Prepare and communicate executive level presentations
- 7+ years of strategy & analytics experience
- 3+ years of people leadership experience
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Degree in CS, Math, Statistics or other quantitative field
- Passion for developing high-performing teams and individuals and developing their careers
- Demonstrated excellence in data analytics, especially in managing analytical teams
- Education or professional exposure to ‘big data’ and quantitative modeling
- Excellent communication, presentation skills and experience presenting to executive stakeholders
- A strong understanding of sales organizations and sales processes
- Proficiency in some subset of SQL, Presto, Hive, Pig, Python, Tableau, R
- A passion for scaling—making everything the team touches much bigger and more impactful
- Creative interest in explaining, packaging, and visualizing data for different audiences
- Ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams, ranging from sales to data engineering
- Intellectual curiosity and strong work ethic
- Hands-on experience with enterprise or consumer product development
Equal Opportunity Statement
LinkedIn is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. LinkedIn considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class. LinkedIn is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer as described in our equal opportunity statement here. Please reference the Equal Employment Opportunity statement here and supplement here for more information.
LinkedIn is committed to offering an inclusive and accessible experience for all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. Our goal is to foster an inclusive and accessible workplace where everyone has the opportunity to be successful.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening, apply for a position, or participate in the interview process, connect with us at email@example.com and describe the specific accommodation requested for a disability-related limitation.
Reasonable accommodations are modifications or adjustments to the application or hiring process that would enable you to fully participate in that process. Examples of reasonable accommodations include but are not limited to:
- Documents in alternate formats or read aloud to you
- Having interviews in an accessible location
- Being accompanied by a service dog
- Having a sign language interpreter present for the interview
A request for an accommodation will be responded to within three business days. However, non-disability related requests, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
LinkedIn will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by LinkedIn, or (c) consistent with LinkedIn's legal duty to furnish information.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
As a federal contractor, LinkedIn follows the Pay Transparency and non-discrimination provisions described at this link: https://lnkd.in/paytransparency.
Global Data Privacy Notice
This document provides transparency around the way in which LinkedIn handles personal data of employees and job applicants at this link: https://lnkd.in/GlobalDataPrivacyNotice.