Principal Product Manager, Company Culture
Principal Product Manager, Company Culture
LinkedIn was built to help professionals achieve more in their careers, and every day millions of people use our products to make connections, discover opportunities and gain insights. Our global reach means we get to make a direct impact on the world’s workforce in ways no other company can. We’re much more than a digital resume – we transform lives through innovative products and technology.
Finding the right job is one of the most sophisticated journeys of the professional world and we aspire to make that journey better, faster, and more satisfying by building products that help job seekers understand companies deeper and make better decisions. We all enjoy our work more, develop better relationships with coworkers, and become productive when our values and needs are aligned with those of our workplace; understanding the culture of a workplace is paramount to job satisfaction and personal fulfillment.
This is why we are looking for a Principal Product Manager to join our ‘Careers’ team and lead our strategy of building definitive products on company culture and salary. This is a highly senior role within LinkedIn’s product management organization. This new leader will operate as the CEO of the features they build and closely collaborate with Engineering, Analytics, Design, Sales, and other cross-functional partners to set the strategy, define, design, and directly manage all aspects of the member and customer experiences. This Principal PM leader will leverage LinkedIn’s active community of 600M+ professionals and other unique assets across our product ecosystem in building and scaling a brand new product that helps answer some of the most critical questions job seekers have, such as:
- What is it really like to work for a particular company?
- Is this the type of company and culture I would thrive in?
- Is this company the right one for me?
This is an opportunity to define the future of job seeking and build innovative experiences that are used by millions of people every day.
- Determine an end-to-end innovative product vision that drive towards product/market fit.
- Build organizational buy-in for an innovative and bold vision.
- Work closely with engineering, design, and adjacent product teams to inform product roadmap and execute.
- Interface with members and customers to understand both user and business needs.
- Synthesize qualitative and quantitative data to identify areas of opportunity, and analyze results.
- Develop clear and compelling user stories and user experience fundamentals that can seed and grow a thriving community of ideas and insights from members and customers.
- Work cross-functionally and across markets to design, build, test, and ramp features.
- De facto team lead: celebrate wins and navigate through challenges. Do whatever it takes to enable team and product to succeed.
- Clearly communicate product benefits to users and internal stakeholders.
- 7+ years of experience in a product management or equivalent role
- BS degree in a technology-related field
- 3+ years of product management experience building mobile-first/mobile-only consumer products running at scale.
- Product experience in the consumer internet industry, including 5+ years of experience in building consumer products relating to user-generated content, digital media, engagement-heavy experiences.
- Professional experience in early stages of consumer product lifecycle (ideation, launch, getting to product/market fit, growth).
- Knowledge of the Internet, emerging web technologies and community building
- Proven communication skills with the ability to interact with and understand technical subjects and emerging technologies and their relevance to the marketplace
- Experience managing and leading highly cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated ability to communicate findings clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences
Equal Opportunity Statement
LinkedIn is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. LinkedIn considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class. LinkedIn is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer as described in our equal opportunity statement here. Please reference the Equal Employment Opportunity statement here and supplement here for more information.
LinkedIn is an equal employment opportunity employer offering opportunities to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. This email box is designed to assist disabled job seekers who seek a reasonable accommodation to the application process. Emails sent for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
In your email, please include the following: (1) confirm you have a disability; (2) identify the disability-related limitation that needs to be accommodated, and (3) if known, describe the specific accommodation requested for the disability-related limitation. A response to your request may take up to three business days.
LinkedIn will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by LinkedIn, or (c) consistent with LinkedIn's legal duty to furnish information.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
As a federal contractor, LinkedIn follows the Pay Transparency and non-discrimination provisions described at this link: https://lnkd.in/paytransparency.
Global Data Privacy Notice
This document provides transparency around the way in which LinkedIn handles personal data of employees and job applicants at this link: https://lnkd.in/GlobalDataPrivacyNotice.