Senior Director, AI Infrastructure
LinkedIn vision is to create economic opportunities for every member of the global workforce. It was built to help professionals achieve more in their careers, and every day millions of people use our products to make connections, discover opportunities, and gain insights. Our global reach means we get to make a direct impact on the world’s workforce in ways no other company can. We’re much more than a digital resume – we transform lives through innovative products and technology.
The mission of the AI Infrastructure team is to provide easy, fast, scalable AI systems at LinkedIn. As Senior Director, you will lead a team of 150+ engineers including Principal Staff Engineers, Senior Staff Engineers, Directors, Sr. Managers, and Managers. You will also partner with engineering, product and business leaders across LinkedIn to drive the core technical agenda for this domain. The infrastructure team supports our platforms for Search, Feed, Machine Learning, and Data Standardization.
This individual will be a core member of LinkedIn’s Data Engineering leadership team. The AI Infrastructure leader specifically will be a key contributor to the future success of the business and LinkedIn – as this team creates member and customer value from LinkedIn’s economic graph.
The successful candidate will be a strong thought leader in the technology space, with the ability to build and execute at scale, and an inspirational people leader, overseeing a large team of engineers solving big problems.
What you’ll do:
- Acts as a role model of LinkedIn’s culture and values, coaches and encourages others to model these values
- Inspire, lead and grow a 150+ world-class engineering organization.
- Be a strong advocate for users and partners to enable their success.
- Hire world class engineering talent and provide technical guidance, career development, and mentorship.
- Proactively engage and develop tight relationships with multiple software development partners, ensuring that product needs are met from an engineering perspective
- Play a leading role in the planning and execution of ongoing efforts for the organization based on the company’s long-term priorities and strategies to rapidly grow and setting the strategy and roadmap for AI Infrastructure at LinkedIn.
- Sustain a culture of strong craftsmanship in the work the team does while continuing to display strong execution and a bias for action
- Provide technical leadership and vision to drive best engineering practices to initiate, plan, and execute critical, large-scale, cross-functional, and company-wide programs.
- Empower your team to design and build tools and frameworks to automate development, testing, deployment, management and monitoring of our 24x7 services and products.
- Provide leadership in defining clear objectives, milestones and measurements for this organization and ensure that measurements are in place to track/monitor performance vs. plan and cost effectiveness.
- Improve code quality, adopt best practices of quality assurance and test-driven development.
- Understand industry trends and build/maintain relationships with peer companies to identify useful technology advancements to be implemented at LinkedIn.
Need to Have:
- 10+ years of software engineering management
- 4+ years experience in one of the following areas: data infrastructure, search infrastructure, ML platforms, or ML applications
- A./B.S. degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent technical experience
Nice to Have:
- 4+ years experience at second level management experience (leading other managers).
- Masters in Computer Science or related technical discipline
- Passion for working with data at scale
- Good understanding of the nature of AI models and the complexity of serving them
- Good understanding of the AI model development and validation processes
- Hands on experience of developing distributed systems/databases (or other high scale data systems).
- Experience attracting, retaining, and developing top engineering and operations talent throughout the industry.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Held Director+ roles at consumer technology companies/cloud hosted infrastructure companies (Highly desirable).
- Dream big. Make big, bold moves to define and build the next generation of analytics infrastructure and inspire others to do so.
Equal Opportunity Statement
LinkedIn is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. LinkedIn considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class. LinkedIn is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer as described in our equal opportunity statement here. Please reference the Equal Employment Opportunity statement here and supplement here for more information.
LinkedIn is committed to offering an inclusive and accessible experience for all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. Our goal is to foster an inclusive and accessible workplace where everyone has the opportunity to be successful.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening, apply for a position, or participate in the interview process, connect with us at email@example.com and describe the specific accommodation requested for a disability-related limitation.
Reasonable accommodations are modifications or adjustments to the application or hiring process that would enable you to fully participate in that process. Examples of reasonable accommodations include but are not limited to:
- Documents in alternate formats or read aloud to you
- Having interviews in an accessible location
- Being accompanied by a service dog
- Having a sign language interpreter present for the interview
A request for an accommodation will be responded to within three business days. However, non-disability related requests, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
LinkedIn will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by LinkedIn, or (c) consistent with LinkedIn's legal duty to furnish information.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
As a federal contractor, LinkedIn follows the Pay Transparency and non-discrimination provisions described at this link: https://lnkd.in/paytransparency.
Global Data Privacy Notice
This document provides transparency around the way in which LinkedIn handles personal data of employees and job applicants at this link: https://lnkd.in/GlobalDataPrivacyNotice.