French Associate News Editor (6 months Fixed Term Contract - Paris)
French Associate News Editor - 6 Months Fixed Term Cotract
PLEASE APPLY WITH ENGLISH CV
LinkedIn is looking for a highly motivated journalist with strong news judgment to cover breaking and business news stories for professionals in France. In this role you will encapsulate news in real-time for LinkedIn’s assorted products, and will also collaborate with our global editorial team.
Based from Paris, your role involves discovering and summarizing a mix of breaking news and trending stories, with a strong emphasis on topics that professionals need to know about now and that spark great conversations. The successful candidate will be a strong, fast and accurate editor who writes compelling headlines and news blurbs..
The ability to write accurately under deadline pressure is essential. You’ll take complex information and communicate it clearly, concisely and correctly, without relying on technical or corporate jargon. The best candidate lives and breathes professional news and has a passion for following and spotting the kind of topics that are igniting professional conversations in France.
You will join a dynamic team building something brand new in business news and views, and get a fast education in platforms and entrepreneurial journalism. LinkedIn’s 60+ editors work around the globe: London, Paris, Madrid, Dubai, Munich, Berlin,New York, San Francisco, São Paulo, Bangalore, Tokyo, Singapore, Beijing and Sydney. Their previous lives include Le Figaro, Capital, AFP, , Fortune, Reuters, The Wall Street Journal and more. Our news editors help define the future of how professionals create, curate and consume business content.
- Writing concise, persuasive descriptions and eye-catching headlines for LinkedIn's news products.
- Pulling from a variety of news sources to create dynamic, real-time collections of stories and topics.
- Proofreading editorial copy to check spelling and grammar.
- Keeping up-to-date with breaking and trending news, while monitoring the impact of your own work.
- Curating the best conversations on the platform
- Native level fluency in French
- Business command of English
- 1+ years of news editing experience
- Experience working in a newsroom setting.
- Experience in online media;
- Strong presence on social media;
- Experience with original and curated news.
- Familiarity with LinkedIn news products and services, and our target audience.
LinkedIn is an equal opportunities employer and deeply committed to ensuring that applicants and employees can be who they are, without the fear of bias, discrimination or inequality and that everyone has equal opportunity – regardless of their race, gender identity, or sexual orientation
Global Data Privacy Notice
This document provides transparency around the way in which LinkedIn handles personal data of employees and job applicants at this link: https://lnkd.in/GlobalDataPrivacyNotice.