Staff Product Designer
LinkedIn’s vision is to create economic opportunity for every member of the global workforce. Our global Product Design team advances this vision through quality, inclusive design. We're passionate about designing an equal, fair, and accessible platform that’s modern, engaging, and responsible.
Our products help professionals all over the world stay connected, informed, and productive. The LinkedIn ecosystem is about more than just job hunting. We help create and support active communities, while making sales, marketing, learning, and recruiting more successful and delightful.
This opportunity would be to join our Glint design team.
Why join the Product Design team at LinkedIn?
- Designers are strategic partners, from product innovation and planning to launch
- Work and learn with passionate, talented, and supportive people
- We work on both consumer and enterprise products and encourage team rotation, so you can stay engaged and keep growing
- We’re equipped with the best design tools in the business, including Figma, Principle, and Miro
- A trusting, open environment helps us do our best work…and we have fun together!
We’re looking for a designer who leads by connecting the dots between user insights, design patterns, and business goals. You will partner and collaborate closely with user research, UX writing, product management, engineering, marketing, and data science. Designing for the world's workforce takes a diverse, empowered team — come be a part of ours.
Learn more about our design community at design.linkedin.com
- Effectively communicate conceptual ideas, design rationale and the specifics of user-centered design process
- Create holistic design solutions that address business, brand, and user requirements
- Work with web developers and engineers to deliver final products
- To be considered for this position, you must include your portfolio, website or other samples of work.
- BA/BS degree in graphic design, design communication, human-computer interaction, or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience participating in the complete product development lifecycle of web or software applications
- 7+ years of experience in user experience design or industry experience (corporate, software, web or agency)
- Strong experience in delivering large-scale projects independently; Projects are forward-thinking and shape the future of the business; Subject matter expert who owns a business area
- Demonstrated ability to drive strategy and vision for respective projects and teams
- Strong ability to deliver design solutions for unstructured problems that have many dependencies
- Excellent ability in visual communication
- Experience in solving unstructured problems that have few dependencies; Embraces ambiguity and can transform it into effective, actionable plans
- Strong ability to contribute ideas that influence product strategy on adjacent teams
Equal Opportunity Statement
LinkedIn is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. LinkedIn considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class. LinkedIn is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer as described in our equal opportunity statement here. Please reference the Equal Employment Opportunity statement here and supplement here for more information.
LinkedIn is committed to offering an inclusive and accessible experience for all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. Our goal is to foster an inclusive and accessible workplace where everyone has the opportunity to be successful.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening, apply for a position, or participate in the interview process, connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org and describe the specific accommodation requested for a disability-related limitation.
Reasonable accommodations are modifications or adjustments to the application or hiring process that would enable you to fully participate in that process. Examples of reasonable accommodations include but are not limited to:
- Documents in alternate formats or read aloud to you
- Having interviews in an accessible location
- Being accompanied by a service dog
- Having a sign language interpreter present for the interview
A request for an accommodation will be responded to within three business days. However, non-disability related requests, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
LinkedIn will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by LinkedIn, or (c) consistent with LinkedIn's legal duty to furnish information.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
As a federal contractor, LinkedIn follows the Pay Transparency and non-discrimination provisions described at this link: https://lnkd.in/paytransparency.
Global Data Privacy Notice
This document provides transparency around the way in which LinkedIn handles personal data of employees and job applicants at this link: https://lnkd.in/GlobalDataPrivacyNotice.