HRIT Development Manager
Searching for your dream job? At LinkedIn, we strive to help our employees find passion and purpose. Join us in changing the way the world works.
We are looking for a Manager to join our HRIT Development team in New York City or Sunnyvale, CA. In this role, you will be responsible for overseeing a group of HR Technologies and technical analysts.
We are seeking an exceptional talent to oversee our HRIT Development team. You will be empowered to innovate the future of existing custom products and provide new solutions when none exist in the market.
- You will collaborate with business leaders in design-thinking exercises so that we crystallize our talent technology priorities.
- You will build deep partnerships with our HR leadership team and champion enthusiastic new ways technology can advance our employee experience.
- Your focus will be on solving HR related business needs not met by off-the-shelf products.
- Build and mentor a technology team of software developers to design, code, test and deploy Enterprise Systems for internal users, customers and partners
- Ensure that projects are executed within budget and on time
- Leverage cross-organizational relationships to get work done more efficiently and effectively
- Manage global and multi-site teams
- Make technology decisions with regards to build versus buy
- Partner closely with engineers to prioritize and develop scalable solutions
- Collaborate with teams of functional and business analysts to determine project effort estimations and seamless delivery of projects
- Generate statistics and write reports for management on the status of the programming process
- Facilitate high adoption of new tools and technologies through strong leadership and vision
- Collaborate with leaders across the organization and help align Business Systems Development team with the common company and organization goals
- Measure effectiveness and recommends improvements to SLAs
- BA/BS degree in business information systems, computer science or related field
- 7+ years of experience in back office business systems
- Experience with enterprise application integration (EAI)
- Experience with data warehousing and business intelligence (BI) reporting
- Experience with people and project management and software project deliveries
- General understanding of Corporate IT infrastructure including but not limited to data center management and network management
- 5+ years of experience in management of back office business applications systems and teams
- 5+ years of experience in building corporate web applications on J2EE technologies
- Excellent communication, analytical, problem solving, teamwork and troubleshooting skills
- General manager/owner mentality, strong entrepreneurial drive and bias for action, proven ability to influence cross-functional peers, stakeholders, and executives
- A passion for incubating new ideas and proven ability to deliver innovative solutions to high-impact challenges
- Experience working directly with UX design and software engineers to ship product
Equal Opportunity Statement
LinkedIn is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. LinkedIn considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class. LinkedIn is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer as described in our equal opportunity statement here. Please reference the Equal Employment Opportunity statement here and supplement here for more information.
LinkedIn is an equal employment opportunity employer offering opportunities to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. This email box is designed to assist disabled job seekers who seek a reasonable accommodation to the application process. Emails sent for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
In your email, please include the following: (1) confirm you have a disability; (2) identify the disability-related limitation that needs to be accommodated, and (3) if known, describe the specific accommodation requested for the disability-related limitation. A response to your request may take up to three business days.
LinkedIn will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by LinkedIn, or (c) consistent with LinkedIn's legal duty to furnish information.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
As a federal contractor, LinkedIn follows the Pay Transparency and non-discrimination provisions described at this link: https://lnkd.in/paytransparency.
Global Data Privacy Notice
This document provides transparency around the way in which LinkedIn handles personal data of employees and job applicants at this link: https://lnkd.in/GlobalDataPrivacyNotice.