Director, Site Reliability Engineer
LinkedIn is an interconnected network of experienced professionals from around the world, representing 170 industries and 200 countries. You can find, be introduced to, and collaborate with qualified professionals that you need to work with to accomplish your goals.
What does it take to run one of the most well-known social networks with high performance, and multi-nines availability?
…thrive in developing and leading the most sought after talent in the industry?
...revel in overseeing thousands of microservices and infrastructure of various open/closed source systems?
…take pride in overseeing the successful execution of significant technical undertakings?
…think that automation is a key component to operating a large-scale system?
…want to work on a product that impacts millions of users and handles millions of transactions per second?
Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) leaders at LinkedIn oversee teams of managers and engineers responsible for the overall health and operational design of our systems. You'll use your rare combination of technical depth, organizational skills, and verbal agility to build and lead a team of some of the best engineers in the industry.
- Sets the strategic vision and technical direction for the organization.
- Contribute to the hiring and development of talented leaders and engineers ranging from junior to senior levels of experience.
- Acts as a role model of LinkedIn’s culture and values, and coaches and encourages others to model these values.
- Lead the SRE organization responsible for software development of products to help scale day to day operability of LinkedIn including site observability and analytics systems, resilience engineering and incident triage automation.
- Take “Data First” approach on using Data Science and Machine learning to analyze and forecast key site metrics and highlight trends.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for LinkedIn executive leadership on state and health of the site and reliability.
- Strong collaboration across the rest of the SRE and Engineering leadership to drive high availability, performance and resiliency of LinkedIn products.
- Lead cross organizational projects to ensure teams deliver on time and at a high-quality bar, by proactively aligning resources and processes, mitigating risks, and making tradeoffs by taking intelligent risks
- Play a leading role in the planning and execution of ongoing efforts for the organization based on the company's long term priorities and strategies to rapidly grow and improve the tooling infrastructure across LinkedIn.
- Actively drive a culture of quality and innovation across groups by setting a high bar for code quality, processes, and standards and reinforces this through reviews and discussions to build it right
- 5+ years in a large-scale web application infrastructure leadership position.
- 4+ years experience in one of the following areas - ,performance engineering, capacity engineering, availability engineering, developer productivity engineering, web engineering
- Understanding of data center architecture and technologies, global load balancing etc
- Experience attracting, retaining, and developing top engineering and operations talent throughout the industry.
- 10+ years in a large-scale web application infrastructure leadership position.
- 7+ years experience in at least two of the following areas - web traffic engineering, performance engineering, capacity engineering, availability engineering
- Prior experience in running and migrating large scale application stack in Cloud.
- Solid understanding of data center architecture and technologies, global load balancing, etc
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Masters in Computer Science
Equal Opportunity Statement
LinkedIn is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. LinkedIn considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class. LinkedIn is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer as described in our equal opportunity statement here. Please reference the Equal Employment Opportunity statement here and supplement here for more information.
LinkedIn is an equal employment opportunity employer offering opportunities to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. This email box is designed to assist disabled job seekers who seek a reasonable accommodation to the application process. Emails sent for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
In your email, please include the following: (1) confirm you have a disability; (2) identify the disability-related limitation that needs to be accommodated, and (3) if known, describe the specific accommodation requested for the disability-related limitation. A response to your request may take up to three business days.
LinkedIn will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by LinkedIn, or (c) consistent with LinkedIn's legal duty to furnish information.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
As a federal contractor, LinkedIn follows the Pay Transparency and non-discrimination provisions described at this link: https://lnkd.in/paytransparency.
Global Data Privacy Notice
This document provides transparency around the way in which LinkedIn handles personal data of employees and job applicants at this link: https://lnkd.in/GlobalDataPrivacyNotice.