Senior Database Architect
LinkedIn was built to help professionals achieve more in their careers, and every day millions of people use our products to make connections, discover opportunities and gain insights. Our global reach means we get to make a direct impact on the world’s workforce in ways
no other company can. We’re much more than a digital resume – we transform lives through innovative products and technology.
Searching for your dream job? At LinkedIn, we strive to help our employees find passion and purpose. Join us in changing the way the world works.
We are looking for a highly skilled, self-motivated, exceptional Senior Database Architect to help us scale our organization and our infrastructure in support of a rapidly growing business.
This position will be part of our Business Applications Systems Operations team. The role requires excellent knowledge and expertise in architecting, automating, managing a wide range of complex Oracle & Microsoft technologies based application systems both On-premises and Azure Cloud.
- Perform administration functions, including build, upgrade and maintenance of multiple environments (development, testing, and production) on Oracle and Microsoft technology platform.
- Perform patching, troubleshooting, space management and security management on Oracle and Microsoft technology platform.
- Support development teams on-going projects to ensure that development effort meets standards. This includes but not limited to security model and change control related procedures.
- Strong focus on Information Assurance, Security Principles.
- Follow and implement SOX compliance with all security policies and procedures.
- Architect and implement disaster recovery systems and perform regular system backups to protect integrity of financial and other data in order for systems to have 100% availability.
- Automate maintenance tasks such as database and Application clones, monitoring and backups using PowerShell/SQL/Python
- Come up with innovative solutions to solve complex technical problems.
- Be available 24x7 for production on-call; participate in on-call rotation and weekend maintenance work.
- Work with other operations teams on any infrastructure issues such as server performance, network issues, storage, etc.
- Work with Support and Development teams to provide 3rd tier support when issues cannot be resolved at a lower level.
- Document and maintain all the support and operational processes and procedures.
- 8+ years of working experience with Oracle ERP, Microsoft SQL Server, Data Warehouse, and related technologies.
- Experience with SSIS, SSRS, T-SQL, Power BI, Microsoft IIS and Azure data/integration Gateways.
- Experience with Oracle Fusion Middleware, ETL tools
- Background in writing automation using PowerShell or Python.
- Must have experience with RDBMS environments, including High Availability, Replication, Disaster Recovery, and Cluster Environment.
- Experience with Azure, Linux, and Microsoft OS knowledge.
- B.A/B.S or higher in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or equivalent practical experience
- 2+ years of software development experience in any of the programing language.
- 2+ years of working experience with Windows Domains and Active Directory.
- 3+ years of working experience with Open Source Software like Apache, Talend, Tomcat, JBoss, and ELK Stack.
- Azure automation tools and experience implementing infrastructure-related Automation@Azure.
- Good working knowledge of Windows Services, including Clustering on Azure IAAS.
- Expert-level knowledge of developing complex Data Warehouses.
- DevOps implementation experience is a plus.
- General knowledge of networking concepts such as subnetting, routing protocols, and security perimeters.
Equal Opportunity Statement
LinkedIn is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. LinkedIn considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class. LinkedIn is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer as described in our equal opportunity statement here. Please reference the Equal Employment Opportunity statement here and supplement here for more information.
LinkedIn is an equal employment opportunity employer offering opportunities to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. This email box is designed to assist disabled job seekers who seek a reasonable accommodation to the application process. Emails sent for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
In your email, please include the following: (1) confirm you have a disability; (2) identify the disability-related limitation that needs to be accommodated, and (3) if known, describe the specific accommodation requested for the disability-related limitation. A response to your request may take up to three business days.
LinkedIn will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by LinkedIn, or (c) consistent with LinkedIn's legal duty to furnish information.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
As a federal contractor, LinkedIn follows the Pay Transparency and non-discrimination provisions described at this link: https://lnkd.in/paytransparency.
Global Data Privacy Notice
This document provides transparency around the way in which LinkedIn handles personal data of employees and job applicants at this link: https://lnkd.in/GlobalDataPrivacyNotice.