Manager, Product Technical Services
LinkedIn was built to help professionals achieve more in their careers, and every day millions of people use our products to make connections, discover opportunities and gain insights. Our global reach means we get to make a direct impact on the world’s workforce in ways no other company can. We’re much more than a digital resume – we transform lives through innovative products and technology.
Looking for an opportunity to transform a business? LinkedIn is looking for a strategic, customer-focused leader to champion product quality in an extremely fast paced, hyper growth environment. Your team will monitor product health and quality based on data gathered from multiple sources (including real-time product monitoring, member escalations, social media, and help center discussions), prioritize issues, and work directly with Engineering and Product Management to implement changes to deliver the best member experience possible. Your team is the last stop before engineering, so the most complex issues not resolved through other support channels are escalated to your team to investigate, triage, and resolve.
In addition to providing operational support for member escalations, your team is chartered to champion product quality, and it is your role to drive strategic initiatives to improve product quality across your suite of products and the entire company. Your team plays an essential role in raising the bar of product quality by advocating the user's perspective, providing technical insights, and fostering collaboration.
Finally, this role requires a strong people leader, with a passion for developing and transforming your team. This team is entirely distributed and embedded with the various product engineering teams, so it’s essential that you’re a manager and a leader that can build, develop, and lead teams that operate autonomously and effectively.
If you have the right combination of technical skills, business acumen, and leadership ability and are interested in delighting our members by elevating quality standards and delivering actionable insights, we’re looking for you.
- Lead a team of Technical Services Managers who serve as the primary interface between the Global Customer Operations organization (GCO) and Engineering
- Review, investigate and resolve member cases escalated to your team within the target SLAs
- Develop and implement reporting to track key product quality metrics and quickly identify trends and opportunities
- Conduct monthly & quarterly quality reviews to draw insights and drive influence
- Partner with Engineering and Product Management to set and enhance quality standards
- Champion a culture of Members First by leading initiatives to deliver delightful customer experiences
- Coach and develop your team and partners to enhance their effectiveness and wellbeing
- Collaborate with sales, marketing and operation leadership to deliver value to LinkedIn by elevating product quality and craftsmanship
- 10+ years of professional working experience in customer operations, product operations, engineering operations or related function
- Current working experience in a strategic and analytical leadership role partnering with Product and/or Engineering leaders
- Previous working experience in technical support, software engineering, quality assurance, or similar technical field
- 2+ years of people management experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
- Experience managing global, distributed teams
- Strong results-orientation and direct experience in utilizing data to identify trends and opportunities.
- Excellent analytical skills, including the ability to pull data directly, analyze large data sets, and identify business insights from data
- Experience using business analysis and operations tools including sensitivity analysis, risk benefit analysis, optimization, and statistical control charts
- Working knowledge of SQL and other business analytics tools (e.g., Tableau and Business Objects)
- Familiarity with issue management systems such as JIRA and Bugzilla
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to effectively communicate complex subjects to both technical and non-technical audiences at all levels
- Ability to interact with diverse groups of technical and non-technical stakeholders
Equal Opportunity Statement
LinkedIn is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. LinkedIn considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class. LinkedIn is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer as described in our equal opportunity statement here. Please reference the Equal Employment Opportunity statement here and supplement here for more information.
LinkedIn is committed to offering an inclusive and accessible experience for all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. Our goal is to foster an inclusive and accessible workplace where everyone has the opportunity to be successful.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening, apply for a position, or participate in the interview process, connect with us at email@example.com and describe the specific accommodation requested for a disability-related limitation.
Reasonable accommodations are modifications or adjustments to the application or hiring process that would enable you to fully participate in that process. Examples of reasonable accommodations include but are not limited to:
- Documents in alternate formats or read aloud to you
- Having interviews in an accessible location
- Being accompanied by a service dog
- Having a sign language interpreter present for the interview
A request for an accommodation will be responded to within three business days. However, non-disability related requests, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
LinkedIn will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by LinkedIn, or (c) consistent with LinkedIn's legal duty to furnish information.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
As a federal contractor, LinkedIn follows the Pay Transparency and non-discrimination provisions described at this link: https://lnkd.in/paytransparency.
Global Data Privacy Notice
This document provides transparency around the way in which LinkedIn handles personal data of employees and job applicants at this link: https://lnkd.in/GlobalDataPrivacyNotice.