Associate, Business Operations - GSO Horizontals
Business Operations Associate - GSO Horizontals
LinkedIn was built to help professionals achieve more in their careers, and every day millions of people use our products to make connections, discover opportunities and gain insights. Our global reach means we get to make a direct impact on the world’s workforce in ways no other company can. We’re much more than a digital resume – we transform lives through innovative products and technology.
Searching for your dream job? At LinkedIn, we strive to help our employees find passion and purpose. Join us in changing the way the world works.
The GSO Horizontals Biz Ops team will aim to provide analytical and strategic problem solving for cross-GSO questions that impact across lines of business and regions, and where the resulting value is dependent on cohesive GSO execution. While lines of business or regions will need to execute independently, this team will help them learn from each other and develop common hypotheses / best practices. The role will require solid business acumen and influence skills to identify, prioritize, and implement high-impact initiatives. It will also need a high degree of cross-functional partnership across GSO and with other biz ops teams. The ideal candidate will be passionate about sales in general and LinkedIn specifically.
This is a great role for someone who wants exposure to a broad set of topics within the tech industry, engage with executive stakeholders and is interested in bringing structure to ambiguous strategic questions.
● Partner with Global Sales Organization (GSO) leaders to tackle high-priority strategic go-to-market and operational questions
● Identify opportunities to enable scale, efficiency and consistency to help unlock growth potential across LinkedIn’s four commercial lines of business (Talent Solutions, Marketing Solutions, Sales Solutions, and Learning Solutions)
● Bring clear thinking and excellent problem-solving skills to a range of challenging business questions
● Cultivate relationships with cross-functional teams across GSO (including Sales, Sales Operations, Sales Readiness, Sales Systems, and Insights) and rest of Biz Ops to drive strategic initiatives
● Conduct in-depth analysis of our various businesses and develop deep understanding of key value drivers to identify improvement areas and opportunities
● Identify, diagnose and resolve performance issues
● Communicate effectively with partners at all levels, especially senior executives
● BA/BS degree in engineering, math, statistics, physics, computer science, business or related discipline
● 2+ years of work experience in a strategy related role with an emphasis on quantitative skills
● Background in management consulting, investment banking, private equity, strategy or an operational or growth role within a technology company
● Natural problem-solver: comfortable with data and ambiguity, and able to both delve into the details and engage meaningfully on the overall strategy
● Executive presence: Experience working closely with senior executives to solve challenging business problems; Ability to credibly and compellingly present and debate recommendations with senior leadership
● Practical experience: Experience with enterprise software, SaaS or online advertising; Experience in sales with an interest in go-to-market and sales operations
● Proactive and passionate: Independently capable of seeking information, solving conceptual problems, corralling resources, and delivering results in challenging situations
● High-energy, team-first attitude: Motivated to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment to help our growing business
● Highly analytical: Experience decomposing and solving real world business problems, ideally building/using advanced models. SQL a plus.
● Effective communications: Excellent communication skills with the ability to distill complex thoughts and strategies into simple, actionable recommendations
Equal Opportunity Statement
LinkedIn is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. LinkedIn considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class. LinkedIn is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer as described in our equal opportunity statement here. Please reference the Equal Employment Opportunity statement here and supplement here for more information.
LinkedIn is an equal employment opportunity employer offering opportunities to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. This email box is designed to assist disabled job seekers who seek a reasonable accommodation to the application process. Emails sent for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
In your email, please include the following: (1) confirm you have a disability; (2) identify the disability-related limitation that needs to be accommodated, and (3) if known, describe the specific accommodation requested for the disability-related limitation. A response to your request may take up to three business days.
LinkedIn will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by LinkedIn, or (c) consistent with LinkedIn's legal duty to furnish information.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
As a federal contractor, LinkedIn follows the Pay Transparency and non-discrimination provisions described at this link: https://lnkd.in/paytransparency.
Global Data Privacy Notice
This document provides transparency around the way in which LinkedIn handles personal data of employees and job applicants at this link: https://lnkd.in/GlobalDataPrivacyNotice.
San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, LinkedIn will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.