Technical Writer, Customer Empowerment - Customer Success, Glint
Technical Writer, Customer Empowerment - Customer Success, Glint
Glint helps you see into your organization in revolutionary ways, giving you the power to create real impact on employee engagement, retention and business performance. Glint leverages real-time people data to give leaders and managers a holistic view of an organization’s health, the insight to predict problems, and direction to take action. Glint was acquired by LinkedIn in November 2018, to accelerate LinkedIn's commitment to helping organizations hire, engage, and develop their people. https://www.glintinc.com.
LinkedIn was built to help professionals achieve more in their careers, and every day millions of people use our products to make connections, discover opportunities and gain insights. Our global reach means we get to make a direct impact on the world’s workforce in ways no other company can. We’re much more than a digital resume – we transform lives through innovative products and technology.
Searching for your dream job? At LinkedIn, we strive to help our employees find passion and purpose. Join us in changing the way the world works.
As a Technical Writer, you will write accurate, engagining, user-friendly documentation that adheres to Glint style guidelines. You will be a core part of the Customer Empowerment (CE) team working closely with product management, our CE Customer Success (CS) Program Manager and CE Knowledge Manager and Community Manager to create resources that do not just document what the product does, but accelerates a user from novice to power user.
This role will be based in either the San Francisco or Sunnyvale, CA, or Remote Home Office depending on which location the candidate chosen for the role is currently residing.
- Develop deep, functional knowledge of the Glint platform, currently Engage and Perform.
- Analyze existing and potential content, focusing on reuse and single-sourcing opportunities
- Work collaboratively with subject matter experts to gather, validate, and develop technical information for delivery to diverse audiences in a clear and concise fashion.
- Test both the product and its documentation for accuracy and consistency
- Use multimedia (photographs, drawings, diagrams, animations and charts) to increase platform understanding.
- Participate in peer review process
- Produce electronic documentation to be posted on the Glint community platform and internal resources.
- Publish documentation to support release notes.
- Partner with existing Glint team to manage updates and revisions to technical material based on software release notes.
- Help identify necessary revisions to training materials based on software release notes.
- Attend team, project related, and ad-hoc meetings as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned
- 5+ years of technical writing experience
- 3+ years in SaaS technology writing, training and/or support
- 3+ years HR/Saas related platform experience
- BA/BS Degree in Communication, Technical Writing, English, or related field; or equivalent experience
- A positive attitude willing to jump in and tackle new challenges
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Proven experience working in a technical writing position
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Experience working with preferred tools: Confluence/Jira,
- Able to write in explanatory and procedural styles for multiple audiencesExperience working with Agile/Scrum software development teams
- Experience working in a SaaS company
- Experience working with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) both in-person and remote
- Ability to execute enterprise level, cross-functional programs
Application Process Information
As a part of the application process for some Sales roles at LinkedIn, candidates may be asked to complete a series of online games, created by pymetrics to assess certain candidate qualities to help evaluate a candidate’s potential match for the position. If the pymetrics process applies to this role, you will receive an invitation with additional information. LinkedIn reviews the pymetrics results alongside other information about candidate qualifications as a part of the application review.
Equal Opportunity Statement
LinkedIn is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. LinkedIn considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class. LinkedIn is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer as described in our equal opportunity statement here. Please reference the Equal Employment Opportunity statement here and supplement here for more information.
LinkedIn is an equal employment opportunity employer offering opportunities to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. This email box is designed to assist disabled job seekers who seek a reasonable accommodation to the application process. Emails sent for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
In your email, please include the following: (1) confirm you have a disability; (2) identify the disability-related limitation that needs to be accommodated, and (3) if known, describe the specific accommodation requested for the disability-related limitation. A response to your request may take up to three business days.
LinkedIn will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by LinkedIn, or (c) consistent with LinkedIn's legal duty to furnish information.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
As a federal contractor, LinkedIn follows the Pay Transparency and non-discrimination provisions described at this link: https://lnkd.in/paytransparency.