Senior Business Development Manager | Content Experience
Senior Business Development Manager | Content Experience
Location: New York, NY
Searching for your dream job? At LinkedIn, we strive to help our employees find passion and purpose. Join us in changing the way the world works.
LinkedIn was built to help professionals achieve more in their careers, and every day millions of people use our products to make connections, discover opportunities and gain insights. Our global reach means we get to make a direct impact on the world’s workforce in ways no other company can. We’re much more than a digital resume – we transform lives through innovative products and technology.
The mission of LinkedIn’s Flagship team is to enable our members to build an active professional community that advancers their career. Our Content Experience team is a key pillar in this effort and builds products and services that help our members be more productive and successful. LinkedIn works closely with news publishers, media companies and content creators to help them reach their ideal audience within LinkedIn’s 575M+ global members. LinkedIn seeks to find new and innovative ways to help professionals discover and consume content to help their careers. By combining the information members provide us with the growing ecosystem of content providers on our platform, we’re in the best position to deliver the right content to the right member at the right time.
The Business Development team plays a critical role in growing and managing high–impact partnerships that enable our product teams to not only build first in class products but also accelerate user growth and product engagement. The Senior Manager, Business Development role is an excellent opportunity to join a small, nimble team working on products and partnerships that have the potential to impact hundreds of millions of professionals worldwide.
This role will work closely with members of LinkedIn’s Product, Editorial, Engineering and Design teams, amongst other cross-functional groups.
- Identify and evaluate partnership opportunities for LinkedIn
- Work across the organization to understand and influence strategic priorities
- Help drive visibility within the organization for business development activities
- Synthesize deal concepts into term sheets and contracts
- Work with legal to draft agreements for partnerships and/or programs
- Manage cross-functional teams including product, legal, product marketing and editorial to deliver on partnerships
- Track progress of existing partnerships and implement tracking and reporting for partner metrics
- Drive additional strategic opportunities with existing partners
- Generate and share ideas for improving the business
- Work to develop the set of best practices that will be the foundation for business development
- Be proactive about solving problems (even if it’s outside of your area)
- Do everything you can to help the company achieve its larger objectives
- BA/BS degree
- 7+ years of work experience in a business development or strategy role.
- Experience in business development or partnerships focused roles in the technology, digital publishing and content industry, experience with platform or product partnerships.
- MBA degree
- Experience in a research or analytical role at an investment bank, consulting firm, corporate M&A or finance group from a related industry or corporate strategy group
- Experience with product management and deal development
- Expert knowledge of MS Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Excellent communication and project management skills
- Strong financial analysis, modeling and business skills
- Ability to effectively manage time, prioritize tasks and work within deadlines with little supervision
- Ability to understand legal contracts and negotiate deals with partners
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, startup environment
Application Process Information
As a part of the application process for some Sales roles at LinkedIn, candidates may be asked to complete a series of online games, created by pymetrics to assess certain candidate qualities to help evaluate a candidate’s potential match for the position. If the pymetrics process applies to this role, you will receive an invitation with additional information. LinkedIn reviews the pymetrics results alongside other information about candidate qualifications as a part of the application review.
Equal Opportunity Statement
LinkedIn is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. LinkedIn considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class. LinkedIn is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer as described in our equal opportunity statement here. Please reference the Equal Employment Opportunity statement here and supplement here for more information.
LinkedIn is an equal employment opportunity employer offering opportunities to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com. This email box is designed to assist disabled job seekers who seek a reasonable accommodation to the application process. Emails sent for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
In your email, please include the following: (1) confirm you have a disability; (2) identify the disability-related limitation that needs to be accommodated, and (3) if known, describe the specific accommodation requested for the disability-related limitation. A response to your request may take up to three business days.
LinkedIn will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by LinkedIn, or (c) consistent with LinkedIn's legal duty to furnish information.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
As a federal contractor, LinkedIn follows the Pay Transparency and non-discrimination provisions described at this link: https://lnkd.in/paytransparency.
Global Data Privacy Notice
This document provides transparency around the way in which LinkedIn handles personal data of employees and job applicants at this link: https://lnkd.in/GlobalDataPrivacyNotice.