Director of Engineering, Site Reliability Engineering
LinkedIn was built to help professionals achieve more in their careers, and every day millions of people use our products to make connections, discover opportunities, and gain insights. Our global reach means we get to make a direct impact on the world’s workforce in ways no other company can. We’re much more than a digital resume – we transform lives through innovative products and technology.
What does it take to run one of the most well-known social networks with high performance, and multi-nines availability?
…thrive in developing and leading the most sought after talent in the industry?
...revel in overseeing thousands of data services and infrastructure of various open/closed source systems?
…take pride in overseeing the successful execution of significant technical undertakings?
…think that automation is a key component to operating a large-scale system?
Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) leaders at LinkedIn oversee teams of managers and engineers responsible for the overall health and operational design of our big data platform systems and related applications. We are responsible for operating a centralized Data Lake that powers out data sciences, AI and product Insights at LinkedIn. As a Director of Site Reliability Engineering for analytics platforms and applications team, you'll use your rare combination of technical depth, organizational skills and verbal agility to build and lead a team of some of the best engineers in the industry. At this juncture, you will also be part of a transformational journey that involves building one of the world’s largest big data ecosystem on to public Cloud.
- Sets the strategic vision, technical direction and develop execution roadmap for the organization(roughly ~40 engineers).
- Focus on the needs of your customers. Build effective partnerships with the teams that rely on our services.
- Hire and mentor great engineers and engineering leaders.
- Maintain and uplevel a culture of engineering excellence.
- Serve as a role model of LinkedIn’s culture and values and coaches others to model these values.
- 10+ years in Engineering leadership focused on dev/ops based roles
- 5+ years in large scale big data & analytics ecosystem
- 4+ years experience in one or more of the following areas: Cloud data infrastructure, large Hadoop infrastructure or equivalent, ML platforms with a particular focus on availability, observability, and security.
- Experience attracting, retaining, and developing top engineering talent throughout the industry.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 4+ years of experience grooming and leading other people managers
- Experience with the full lifecycle of building, deploying, and maintaining a large scale public cloud service.
- Hands on experience operating distributed systems, databases, or other large scale data systems.
- Experience recruiting and mentoring industry leading engineering talent.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Masters in Computer Science
Equal Opportunity Statement
LinkedIn is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. LinkedIn considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class. LinkedIn is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer as described in our equal opportunity statement here. Please reference the Equal Employment Opportunity statement here and supplement here for more information.
LinkedIn is an equal employment opportunity employer offering opportunities to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. This email box is designed to assist disabled job seekers who seek a reasonable accommodation to the application process. Emails sent for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
In your email, please include the following: (1) confirm you have a disability; (2) identify the disability-related limitation that needs to be accommodated, and (3) if known, describe the specific accommodation requested for the disability-related limitation. A response to your request may take up to three business days.
LinkedIn will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by LinkedIn, or (c) consistent with LinkedIn's legal duty to furnish information.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
As a federal contractor, LinkedIn follows the Pay Transparency and non-discrimination provisions described at this link: https://lnkd.in/paytransparency.
Global Data Privacy Notice
This document provides transparency around the way in which LinkedIn handles personal data of employees and job applicants at this link: https://lnkd.in/GlobalDataPrivacyNotice.