Manager, Business Operations - Sales Productivity Lead
Business Operations Manager – Sales Productivity Lead
Location: San Francisco or New York
LinkedIn was built to help professionals achieve more in their careers, and everyday millions of people use our products to make connections, discover opportunities and gain insights. Our global reach means we get to make a direct impact on the world’s workforce in ways no other company can. We’re much more than a digital resume – we transform lives through innovative products and technology.
Searching for your dream job? At LinkedIn, we strive to help our employees find passion and purpose. Join us in changing the way the world works.
The Business Operations (“Biz Ops”) team tackles high-priority strategic questions throughout the organization. The Business Operations Manager will partner with leadership in a variety of functional areas to drive top and bottom line impact through objective analysis, operational insights and strategic initiatives. The role will partner directly with the VP of Global Sales Productivity and contribute to the success of mission-critical projects, and the Sales Productivity Org as a whole. The ideal candidate will be highly strategic, driven and analytical, and passionate about technology in general and LinkedIn specifically.
- Be an expert and distill direction: Develop deep expertise of your business line through analytical and strategic thought leadership in an unstructured environment
- Maximize business performance: Lead in-depth strategic and operational analyses for our leadership that provide key business insights for high-priority initiatives and decisions
- Create connective tissue: Comfortably work with and share knowledge among various cross-functional teams, including Product, Engineering, Marketing, Sales, Data Science and Executive teams
- Manage business performance: Understand and regularly manage business performance through dashboards and data that you create or gather, and drive cross-functional resolutions to operational issues
- BA/BS degree in engineering, math, statistics, physics, computer science or related discipline
- 6+ years of experience in strategy consulting, investment banking or a strategy-related role
- MBA degree
- Practical experience: Experience with enterprise software, SaaS or online advertising; Experience in sales with an interest in order-to-cash operations, digital media, consumer technology and online monetization
- Highly analytical: experience decomposing and solving real world business problems, ideally building/using advanced Excel models. SQL a plus.
- Natural problem-solver: comfortable with data and ambiguity, and able to both delve into the details and engage meaningfully on the overall strategy
- Effective communications: Excellent communication skills with the ability to distill complex thoughts and strategies into simple, actionable recommendations
- Initiative and ownership: Ability to act with limited oversight on day-to-day basis, balancing multiple priorities
- Proactive and passionate: Independently capable of seeking information, solving conceptual problems, corralling resources and delivering results in challenging situations
- High-energy, team-first attitude: Motivated to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment to help our growing business
- Executive presence: Experience working closely with senior executives to solve challenging business problems; Ability to credibly and compellingly present and debate recommendations with senior leadership
- Experience with or passionate about SaaS, Sales Operations, Sales technology, Process Improvement
- Experience building and managing teams
Equal Opportunity Statement
LinkedIn is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. LinkedIn considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class. LinkedIn is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer as described in our equal opportunity statement here. Please reference the Equal Employment Opportunity statement here and supplement here for more information.
LinkedIn is an equal employment opportunity employer offering opportunities to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com. This email box is designed to assist disabled job seekers who seek a reasonable accommodation to the application process. Emails sent for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
In your email, please include the following: (1) confirm you have a disability; (2) identify the disability-related limitation that needs to be accommodated, and (3) if known, describe the specific accommodation requested for the disability-related limitation. A response to your request may take up to three business days.
LinkedIn will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by LinkedIn, or (c) consistent with LinkedIn's legal duty to furnish information.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
As a federal contractor, LinkedIn follows the Pay Transparency and non-discrimination provisions described at this link: https://lnkd.in/paytransparency.
Global Data Privacy Notice
This document provides transparency around the way in which LinkedIn handles personal data of employees and job applicants at this link: https://lnkd.in/GlobalDataPrivacyNotice.
San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, LinkedIn will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.