Account Director (Public Sector) - Talent & Learning Solutions
Account Director (Public Sector) - Talent & Learning
LinkedIn was built to help professionals achieve more in their careers, and everyday millions of people use our products to make connections, discover opportunities and gain insights. Our global reach means we get to make a direct impact on the world’s workforce in ways no other company can. We’re much more than a digital resume – we transform lives through innovative products and technology.
Searching for your dream job? At LinkedIn, we strive to help our employees find passion and purpose. Join us in changing the way the world works.
We are looking for an Account Director to join our team as a trusted adviser with a relentless focus on bringing value to our customers within Public Sector. You will be responsible for winning new business and helping our existing customers effectively engage with our solutions (Talent, Learning & Glint). You will be dedicated to making our customers stronger and seeking out opportunities for growth. Although you possess a strategic approach to selling and strive to meet/exceed revenue goals, you will always have your clients’ best interest in mind and act as their internal advocate to ensure they are set up for success.
- Researches Customer’s business and prepares thoughtful questions and insights in advance of customer meetings
- Asks layered, open-ended questions to understand and clarify Customer’s objectives and challenges beyond surface-level detail
- Builds relationships with multiple stakeholders (vertically and horizontally) across the Customer’s organization
- Shifts communication style and content to fit the needs of different stakeholders
- Leads with Solutions, not products, when making recommendations aligned to Customer objectives
- Sells with Integrity
- Drives customer decision making by achieving shared vision and proactively considering the value props that tie all stakeholders together
- Thinks commercially and applies business acumen when crafting & negotiating commercial agreements
- Uses data and insights to support investment recommendations or overcome customer objections
- Proactively mitigates churn risk by adopting a smart, customer-centric approach
- Engages customers throughout to confirm and clarify value and adapts a strategy when needed to optimize ROI
- Drives Customer growth by proactively identifying opportunities to deliver greater customer value
- Applies business acumen in Account Planning by considering economic, industry, and company factors with a Customer-centric lens
- Maps all key stakeholders in an account to assess the strength of the account relationship and create account outreach strategy
- Agrees to joint accountability with colleagues and cross-functional teams for optimal customer success
- Practices humility and asks for help from colleagues when faced with a challenge or unknown
- Is disciplined in Territory and Account Planning, Forecasting, and Quota Attainment
- Follows best practices when using CRM and other Sales tools in order to manage the Sales and Buyer cycles
- 5+ years of applicable sales experience
- Experience with HR software
- B field A/BS degree or equivalent in a related
- Experience with SaaS opportunities and Salesforce.com platform
- Experience selling IT solutions
- Knowledge of software contract terms and conditions with the ability to create fair transactions
- Strong negotiation and accurate forecasting skills
- Experience carrying a revenue target with the ability to develop compelling strategies that deliver results
- Excellent communication, negotiation and forecasting skills
- Demonstrated ability to find and manage high-level business in an evangelistic sales environment
- Ability to gather and use data to inform decision making and persuade others
- Ability to assess business opportunities and read prospective buyers
- Ability to orchestrate the closure of business with an accurate understanding of prospect needs
- Ability to include multiple partners and members of the company management team using competitive selling to position company products against direct and indirect competitors
Application Process Information
As a part of the application process for some Sales roles at LinkedIn, candidates may be asked to complete a series of online games, created by pymetrics to assess certain candidate qualities to help evaluate a candidate’s potential match for the position. If the pymetrics process applies to this role, you will receive an invitation with additional information. LinkedIn reviews the pymetrics results alongside other information about candidate qualifications as a part of the application review.
Global Data Privacy Notice
This document provides transparency around the way in which LinkedIn handles personal data of employees and job applicants at this link: https://lnkd.in/GlobalDataPrivacyNotice.