Mid-Market Account Executive, Learning Solutions
Mid-Market Account Executive, Learning Solutions
LinkedIn was built to help professionals achieve more in their careers, and every day millions of people use our products to make connections, discover opportunities and gain insights. LinkedIn's vision (the dream) is to create economic opportunity for every professional. And, our mission is to connect the world's professionals to make them more productive and successful. LinkedIn is the world’s largest professional network with over 546 million members, revenue over $5 billion, and a rapidly expanding global platform.
LinkedIn’s Learning Solutions business unit includes LinkedIn Learning with Lynda.com as the global leader in skills development for organizations. We are focused on connecting the world’s professionals to learning opportunities that improve their skills and transform their careers. Companies invested over $300B in learning and development in 2016, and Executives are looking for better ways to help employees become more productive. Our eLearning solutions help companies become more productive and enable individuals to develop the skills they need today and build the skills they require to accelerate their careers. LinkedIn Learning Solutions business is LinkedIn’s fastest growth business within LinkedIn’s Global Sales Organization. (LinkedIn launched our Learning Solutions business unit after the acquisition of Lynda.com in May 2015.)
We are looking for an experienced Enterprise or Mid-Market Account Executive for our Chicago-based sales team that covers the Central region. Our Account Executives drive new business within our corporate segment.
- Close new business consistently at or above quota level
- Prospect relentlessly to build pipeline and build strong personal relationships with prospects
- Create reliable forecasts and be transparent on the pipeline status
- Develop and execute on a strategic plan for the territory and document and distribute competitive information
- Invest in colleagues and give coaching and advice when you see an opportunity for improvement
- Work to develop and circulate the set of best practices that will be the foundation of this team
- Listen to the needs of the market and share insights with product and marketing teams
- Be proactive about solving problems even if it’s outside of your area and be ready to take on additional initiatives and responsibilities as they emerge
- Seek out opportunities to be a leader and do everything you can to help the company achieve its larger objectives
- Travel required (approximately 30% of the time)
- 4+ years of applicable quota-carrying closing sales experience
- Experience selling SaaS solutions or software platform solutions
- Experience with learning and development solutions (e-learning preferred) and HR software
- Excellent communication, social selling and persuasion skills with a strong sales process
- High integrity, team-focused approach: collaboration skills to partner across company
- Execution-oriented to build pipeline and achieve revenue targets in a predictable way
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, startup environment
Application Process Information
As a part of the application process for some Sales roles at LinkedIn, candidates may be asked to complete a series of online games, created by pymetrics to assess certain candidate qualities to help evaluate a candidate’s potential match for the position. If the pymetrics process applies to this role, you will receive an invitation with additional information. LinkedIn reviews the pymetrics results alongside other information about candidate qualifications as a part of the application review.
Equal Opportunity Statement
LinkedIn is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. LinkedIn considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class. LinkedIn is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer as described in our equal opportunity statement here. Please reference the Equal Employment Opportunity statement here and supplement here for more information.
LinkedIn is an equal employment opportunity employer offering opportunities to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com. This email box is designed to assist disabled job seekers who seek a reasonable accommodation to the application process. Emails sent for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
In your email, please include the following: (1) confirm you have a disability; (2) identify the disability-related limitation that needs to be accommodated, and (3) if known, describe the specific accommodation requested for the disability-related limitation. A response to your request may take up to three business days.
LinkedIn will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by LinkedIn, or (c) consistent with LinkedIn's legal duty to furnish information.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
As a federal contractor, LinkedIn follows the Pay Transparency and non-discrimination provisions described at this link: https://lnkd.in/paytransparency.
Global Data Privacy Notice
This document provides transparency around the way in which LinkedIn handles personal data of employees and job applicants at this link: https://lnkd.in/GlobalDataPrivacyNotice.