Finance Manager, FP&A - Global Sales Organization
Manager, FP&A – Global Sales Organization
San Francisco, CA
LinkedIn was built to help professionals achieve more in their careers, and every day millions of people use our products to make connections, discover opportunities and gain insights. Our global reach means we get to make a direct impact on the world’s workforce in ways no other company can. We’re much more than a digital resume – we transform lives through innovative products and technology.
Searching for your dream job? At LinkedIn, we strive to help our employees find passion and purpose. Join us in changing the way the world works.
We are looking for an FP&A Manager to coordinate, roll-up, and balance initiatives across LinkedIn’s multiple LOBs and to provide its executives with data-driven decision support. Reporting to the Sr. Manager of FP&A, the FP&A Manager will work across departments to provide a wide range of financial and decision support information to top management, including evaluation of new initiatives, maintenance of long-range financial plans, and other ad hoc projects. The Manager will have significant exposure to Senior Management and must become a trusted thought partner to their teams. This role is based in San Francisco and is an individual contributor position.
- Collaborate with internal FP&A teams and cross-functional partners to lead and support strategic analyses to address the evolving business dynamics
- Assist in developing and driving core planning processes and rolling forecasts in close coordination with FP&A LOB leads and Corporate FP&A
- Lead on Planning operational excellence including but not limited to, coordinating with Talent Acquisitions, Sales Operations, and FP&A LOB leads on surge hiring, aligning with Sales Operations and Sales Commissions with quota relief policies, and developing Global SPIFF guidelines, etc.
- Collaborate with all key members of the finance and accounting team to understand the story behind numbers and synthesize results in a concise manner, while highlighting key trends
- Create and manage operational reports and dashboards to monitor the financial performance of the company
- Be the go-to for all things LOB monetization related
- Undertake ad hoc projects
- 5+ years of financial analysis experience
- Experience working directly in an FP&A, Strategic Finance, Business Operations or related environment modeling bookings, revenue, costs and expenses
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Finance, Accounting, or related discipline
- Advanced Excel modeling skills and competency in Word and PowerPoint
- Strong systems skills with preference toward Hyperion (Essbase), Oracle Financials and/or Salesforce CRM
- An understanding of accounting theory and practice (e.g. basic revenue recognition rules, company capitalization policies and proper expense timing) is preferred
- Diligent, highly accurate with extreme attention to detail, and exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to demonstrate thought-leadership, teamwork, anticipate business needs, and manage relationships with senior stakeholders
- Demonstration of critical thinking—ability to question the output of a financial model or investment case and considers options for improvement or provides thoughtful alternatives
- Proactive, results oriented, with a can-do attitude and strict attention to detail in meeting critical deadlines
Equal Opportunity Statement
LinkedIn is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. LinkedIn considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class. LinkedIn is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer as described in our equal opportunity statement here. Please reference the Equal Employment Opportunity statement here and supplement here for more information.
LinkedIn is an equal employment opportunity employer offering opportunities to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. This email box is designed to assist disabled job seekers who seek a reasonable accommodation to the application process. Emails sent for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
In your email, please include the following: (1) confirm you have a disability; (2) identify the disability-related limitation that needs to be accommodated, and (3) if known, describe the specific accommodation requested for the disability-related limitation. A response to your request may take up to three business days.
LinkedIn will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by LinkedIn, or (c) consistent with LinkedIn's legal duty to furnish information.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
As a federal contractor, LinkedIn follows the Pay Transparency and non-discrimination provisions described at this link: https://lnkd.in/paytransparency.
Global Data Privacy Notice
This document provides transparency around the way in which LinkedIn handles personal data of employees and job applicants at this link: https://lnkd.in/GlobalDataPrivacyNotice.
San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, LinkedIn will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.