Sales Strategy & Operations Associate
Sales Strategy & Operations Associate
This role will be based in San Francisco or New York City
LinkedIn was built to help professionals achieve more in their careers. Millions of people use our products to make connections, discover opportunities and gain insights. Our global reach means we get to make a direct impact on the world’s workforce in ways no other company can. We’re much more than a digital resume – we transform lives through innovative products and technology.
Searching for your dream job? At LinkedIn, we strive to help our employees find passion and purpose. Join us in changing the way the world works.
Our Sales Operations organization is responsible for building the ultimate go-to-market engine to connect our solutions with customer needs at scale. As a Sales Strategy & Operations Associate, you will be partnering with senior sales executives to crack the most important strategic topics in the sales organization, driving revenue growth and improving sales productivity and customer value. The Associate is also responsible for leading, executing and scaling operational and planning processes (e.g. building sales territories, setting sales targets) in partnership with cross-functional stakeholders (e.g. Finance).
The Associate should have strong strategic mindset and communications skills and collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to drive critical business decisions. The candidate should also be able to handle highly sensitive, confidential, and non-routine information, have attention to detail, be open minded to challenge the status quo and work on a rapidly changing organization while inspiring excellence from himself/herself and business partners.
- Lead and provide recommendations on a variety of decision-making projects that will shape LinkedIn’s future go-to-market model
- Act like an owner in driving strategic planning processes through data-driven recommendations (e.g. customer segmentation, headcount, financial and territory planning, quota setting)
- Track business performance and provide insights and recommendations to advise sales leadership on forecasting and day to day decisions
- Lead operational processes of the sales organization, such as: quota management, territory allocation, audits, reports and dashboard development, data checks & maintenance
- Establish strong working relationships with peers in other Sales Operations teams and cross functional partners (business operations, sales leadership, HR, finance and systems teams) to achieve objectives
- Travel required (approximately 5 to 10 trips a year)
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years of experience in management consulting, finance, sales operations, business operations, or an analytical/operational role
- 2+ years of experience with Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to leverage numbers and insights to influence & drive sound decision making
- Experience in communicating effectively and present to Senior Executives
- Ability to build strong partnerships and collaborate with stakeholders
- Experience in working with Tableau, SQL and/or Presto, Anaplan
- Motivation to stand out from the crowd, disrupting the norm to help the business win
- Ability to effectively solve complex problems from high priority strategic initiatives
Application Process Information
As a part of the application process for some Sales roles at LinkedIn, candidates may be asked to complete a series of online games, created by pymetrics to assess certain candidate qualities to help evaluate a candidate’s potential match for the position. If the pymetrics process applies to this role, you will receive an invitation with additional information. LinkedIn reviews the pymetrics results alongside other information about candidate qualifications as a part of the application review.
Equal Opportunity Statement
LinkedIn is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. LinkedIn considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class. LinkedIn is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer as described in our equal opportunity statement here. Please reference the Equal Employment Opportunity statement here and supplement here for more information.
LinkedIn is an equal employment opportunity employer offering opportunities to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com. This email box is designed to assist disabled job seekers who seek a reasonable accommodation to the application process. Emails sent for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
In your email, please include the following: (1) confirm you have a disability; (2) identify the disability-related limitation that needs to be accommodated, and (3) if known, describe the specific accommodation requested for the disability-related limitation. A response to your request may take up to three business days.
LinkedIn will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by LinkedIn, or (c) consistent with LinkedIn's legal duty to furnish information.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
As a federal contractor, LinkedIn follows the Pay Transparency and non-discrimination provisions described at this link: https://lnkd.in/paytransparency.
Global Data Privacy Notice
This document provides transparency around the way in which LinkedIn handles personal data of employees and job applicants at this link: https://lnkd.in/GlobalDataPrivacyNotice.
San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, LinkedIn will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.