Business Program Manager, Global Customer Operations
Business Program Manager, Global Customer Operations – Help & Support
LinkedIn was built to help professionals achieve more in their careers, and every day millions of people use our products to make connections, discover opportunities and gain insights. Our global reach means we get to make a direct impact on the world’s workforce in ways no other company can. We’re much more than a digital resume – we transform lives through innovative products and technology.
Searching for your dream job? At LinkedIn, we strive to help our employees find passion and purpose. Join us in changing the way the world works.
LinkedIn is searching for a passionate Business Program Manager (BPM) to join the Help & Support team within LinkedIn’s Global Customer Operations (GCO) org. In this role, you will help us design and build the next-generation of products and experiences that enable our members and customers to maximize their success using LinkedIn products. As a BPM, you will be designing, reimagining, and transforming products and operational processes that are used daily by more than 1,000 Customer Support Reps, which in turn deliver a best-in-class support experience for all of LinkedIn’s 645M+ members and customers.
LinkedIn takes a Product lens to everything we do. From the product features and capabilities that drive value for our consumer and enterprise customers, all the way through to the internal tools and processes that our employees leverage in order to operate most effectively. BPMs are GCO product leaders tasked with envisioning, designing, and building the next generation of LinkedIn’s Help and Support ecosystem in order to improve our member/customer experience as well as LinkedIn Support Rep productivity. It is a unique role in the company as you’ll be driving solutions that will transform both employee as well as LinkedIn member and customer experiences.
In this role, you will be both the visionary and the leader of a focused product area, owning the definition and execution of a product roadmap that you will ultimately be responsible for. To that end, you will conduct user research, define product requirements and user stories, shape and manage your roadmap and release schedule, work with Engineering and other cross-functional teams to launch features, and develop plans for product introduction and internal change management. You’ll also partner with GCO, Product, Data Science, and other cross-functional teams to define and develop process and strategies and measure impact. You will be the perennial advocate for your product area, socializing the value, strategy, and release plan, as well as showcasing the overall contribution to the broader Help & Support ecosystem.
- You will seek to understand GCO Reps' needs and desires by conducting User Experience Research, identifying bottlenecks and opportunities for improving the end customer experience and internal productivity gains.
- You will influence existing and future LinkedIn products by appraising new product ideas and needs.
- You will collaborate with other Product Leaders to research, evaluate, design, and implement new product features to benefit customer operations effectiveness and efficiency.
- You will be (or become) the expert in your product area, understanding the ecosystem of respective 3rd party solutions and working with cross-functional teams to develop build vs. buy recommendations.
- You will seek to understand how peer companies approach your product area and will build a network of industry peers to leverage in order to optimize our long-term Help & Support strategy.
- You will develop and set targets for measuring success/impact of your efforts and will work with Data Science and Insights teams to build out tracking & reporting.
- You will socialize GCO effectiveness reports and analyses with leadership.
- You will lead release planning including Sprint Planning, Partner Communications and Launch Readiness for your product area.
- You will craft designs and mock-ups, and will shape product features into user-stories and roadmaps.
- You will work cross-functionally with Product, User Experience Design, and Engineering teams to bring features live.
- You will drive full adoption of new products and processes, develop launch strategies and assess usage data.
- You will guide Business Systems Analysts (BSAs) supporting your product area, and will work closely with Technical and Business Project Managers to deliver on your product roadmap.
- You will demand excellence of yourself and of others through example, coaching, developing and inspiring others.
- BA/BS degree in Economics, Engineering, or related field.
- 5+ years of one or more of product management, project management, or business operations experience.
- 2+ years of product management experience.
- 2+ years of experience in Customer Support or Customer Operations.
- 2+ years of experience using or configuring Customer Service systems.
- 2+ years of experience using or configuring Customer Relationship Manager systems (Salesforce, MSFT Dynamics)
- Prior experience of driving content management systems products/tools
- Data & insights driven approach to product/tool implementation
- Outstanding leadership, facilitation and problem-solving skills; ability to effectively collaborate and influence at all levels of the organization.
- Understanding of Customer Operations processes (case management, workforce management, channel strategies, SLAs, time to resolution, etc.).
- A broad enterprise-wide view of the business and varying degrees of appreciation of strategy, processes and capabilities, enabling technologies and governance.
- Strong situational analysis and decision-making abilities.
- User-experience-driven, enjoy working with new tools, and are a self-motivated learner.
- Well-versed in software product/service market strategies.
- Experience working in a fast paced, high-growth, and results-orientated environment that demands excellence.
- Ability to succeed in a highly collaborative team environment with multiple in-flight initiatives and stakeholders.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively; this includes written and verbal communications as well as an ability to visualize complicated concepts.
- Likes to communicate findings clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences.
Equal Opportunity Statement
LinkedIn is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. LinkedIn considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class. LinkedIn is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer as described in our equal opportunity statement here. Please reference the Equal Employment Opportunity statement here and supplement here for more information.
LinkedIn is an equal employment opportunity employer offering opportunities to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. This email box is designed to assist disabled job seekers who seek a reasonable accommodation to the application process. Emails sent for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
In your email, please include the following: (1) confirm you have a disability; (2) identify the disability-related limitation that needs to be accommodated, and (3) if known, describe the specific accommodation requested for the disability-related limitation. A response to your request may take up to three business days.
LinkedIn will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by LinkedIn, or (c) consistent with LinkedIn's legal duty to furnish information.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
As a federal contractor, LinkedIn follows the Pay Transparency and non-discrimination provisions described at this link: https://lnkd.in/paytransparency.
Global Data Privacy Notice
This document provides transparency around the way in which LinkedIn handles personal data of employees and job applicants at this link: https://lnkd.in/GlobalDataPrivacyNotice.