Director, Global Employment Tax
Director, Global Employment Tax
Sunnyvale, CA, Omaha, NE, or Dublin, Ireland
LinkedIn was built to help professionals achieve more in their careers, and every day millions of people use our products to make connections, discover opportunities and gain insights. Our global reach means we get to make a direct impact on the world’s workforce in ways no other company can. We’re much more than a digital resume – we transform lives through innovative products and technology.
Searching for your dream job? At LinkedIn, we strive to help our employees find passion and purpose. Join us in changing the way the world works.
We are looking for an experienced Global Employment Tax leader who is passionate about delivering superior employment tax services for the benefit of LinkedIn. The Director of Global Employment Tax will report to the Head of Global Payroll Operations & Employment Tax and will oversee an international employment tax team of four who are based in Sunnyvale, CA, and Dublin, Ireland. This role interacts with members of the executive team and key stakeholders in Human Resources, Stock Administration, Legal, Tax, FP&A, Record-to-Report, and other related organizations within LinkedIn and Microsoft. This position is based in Sunnyvale, California or in Dublin, Ireland.
- Leads Global employment tax reporting and compliance
- Defines and establishes best-in-class global employment tax processes that support the company’s wide range of compensation and benefits programs, and meet multi-jurisdictional compliance requirements
- Develops and maintains constructive and collaborative working relationships to ensure alignment with department’s initiatives, business practices, and policies
- Serves as a point of escalation for urgent, time-sensitive employment tax matters
- Ensures timely and accurate employment tax reporting and execution of related compliance activities
- Directly and through the employment tax team, provides technical advice, manages employment tax audits and risks, and engages with internal and external counsel, auditors, third-party service providers, and advisors as needed
- Supports LinkedIn’s global expansion initiatives by leading the company’s global mobility tax program
- Drives employment tax process and policy recommendations with the executive team and other stakeholders to ensure that LinkedIn’s employment tax compliance objectives are met
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance / Accounting, or related discipline
- 10+ years of experience in global Employment Tax including audits and risk assessments
- Knowledgeable of global payroll, employment tax, and related compliance matters
- Knowledgeable of human resources and general business operations
- Occasional international travel required
- Experience in managing multi-jurisdictional employment tax audits, particularly the US
- Experience in driving process and system transformation initiatives
- Proven business partnering, collaboration, and influencing skills
- Customer service orientation
Equal Opportunity Statement
LinkedIn is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. LinkedIn considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class. LinkedIn is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer as described in our equal opportunity statement here. Please reference the Equal Employment Opportunity statement here and supplement here for more information.
LinkedIn is an equal employment opportunity employer offering opportunities to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com. This email box is designed to assist disabled job seekers who seek a reasonable accommodation to the application process. Emails sent for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
In your email, please include the following: (1) confirm you have a disability; (2) identify the disability-related limitation that needs to be accommodated, and (3) if known, describe the specific accommodation requested for the disability-related limitation. A response to your request may take up to three business days.
LinkedIn will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by LinkedIn, or (c) consistent with LinkedIn's legal duty to furnish information.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
As a federal contractor, LinkedIn follows the Pay Transparency and non-discrimination provisions described at this link: https://lnkd.in/paytransparency.
Global Data Privacy Notice
This document provides transparency around the way in which LinkedIn handles personal data of employees and job applicants at this link: https://lnkd.in/GlobalDataPrivacyNotice.