The Senior Business Process Analyst will have a strong understanding of Finance Business Processes and Finance/ Accounting concepts (preferably within R2R). This person will work closely with the finance and technical teams to drive process and system improvements that will enable the finance organization to get valuable insights into Finance data and scale. Primary business partners include the global R2R and Business Applications (“BizApps”) teams as well as transformation process leads and business process owners (“BPOs”) from other cross-functional teams. The ideal candidate must be able to use a collaborative, professional, and service-oriented approach to interacting with these business partners.
This person will be located in LinkedIn Sunnyvale office, California within the Controllership organization.
- For assigned projects, drives the process of documenting current “as-is” and “to-be” business processes and gathering requirements and uses cases from the BPOs and other subject matter experts (“SMEs”); owns the overall drafting of the business requirements document (“BRD”), test scripts for user acceptance testing (“UAT”), and training materials for newly developed applications
- Facilitates discussion of business process changes (within R2R/Finance) with the R2R team and cross-functional business partners
- Collaborates with the R2R team, project manager, and development team from BizApps to agree on overall project timeline
- Reviews the functional design documents (“FDD”) prepared by the BizApps team and validates that the designed solution meets business requirements during conference room pilots (“CRPs”)
- As necessary, completes UAT testing for smaller enhancement projects; for larger projects, coordinates with the R2R team to secure testing resources and user sign-off at end of UAT
- Partners with global and regional BPOs and BizApps on change control process as needed
- Prepares user training documents and delivers user training for newly developed applications; assists with update / creation of high-level business process documentation
- Works with project team on completing business readiness documentation; collaborates with the business owners and users to prepare for business readiness and transfer knowledge of new process / system
- Works with global and regional BPOs to identify and report on key process metrics to measure process efficiency and effectiveness
- On an ongoing basis, identifies areas of improvement; researches best practices and offers guidance and recommendations for process changes and potential solutions
- Works with regional BPOs and other cross-functional business partners to prioritize process improvement initiatives impacting the global R2R and assists the global process owner (“GPO”) with planning and managing the project roadmap
- May use BI skills to build prototypes for metrics and dashboards assisting in data visualization and data analysis
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or related field
- 5+ years of business analyst experience within Finance/R2R OR 5+ years of operational Finance/R2R experience OR a combination of 5+ years of business analyst and operational Finance/R2R experience
- 1+ years of experience in General Accounting or Fixed Assets business processes
- High level of understanding of other R2R areas such as Statutory/Secondary Ledgers, Project Accounting, general business operations, Month end close processes, data retention and internal control concepts; ability to assess and provide input into impact of a business process / system change
- Previous operational experience in R2R or general accounting / finance experience highly preferred
- Experience working with any one major ERP system such as Oracle, SAP, Workday, etc. Oracle EBS Applications is preferred.
- Previous experience implementing Oracle R12 E-business suite, especially General Ledger and/or Fixed Assets for a global roll-out is desirable but not needed
- Experience with Account reconciliation tools such as Blackline, Trintech, etc. is preferred
- High level understanding of Q2C and P2P – especially related to Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivables and its integration to General ledger and Fixed Assets
- Understanding of Intelligent automation tools such as RPA bots is desirable
- Experience gathering requirements and documenting BRD
- Experience with coordinating UAT and training users on a new or enhanced system or process
- Experience working in Technology/High Tech companies similar to LinkedIn
- General understanding of financial reporting, data warehouse and BI tools (such as Power BI, OBIEE, etc)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, and Project
- Strong organizational and business analysis skills; detail-oriented and able to work independently, multi-task, and manage smaller scale projects
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, identify gaps, decompose high-level information into details, and drive decision-making
- Team player, flexible, ability to resolve conflicts and influence decisions
- Experience working with a geographically dispersed team & familiarity with business practices/ cultures across multiple international regions
LinkedIn is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. LinkedIn considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class. LinkedIn is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer as described in our equal opportunity statement here. Please reference the Equal Employment Opportunity statement here and supplement here for more information.
LinkedIn is an equal employment opportunity employer offering opportunities to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. This email box is designed to assist disabled job seekers who seek a reasonable accommodation to the application process. Emails sent for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
In your email, please include the following: (1) confirm you have a disability; (2) identify the disability-related limitation that needs to be accommodated, and (3) if known, describe the specific accommodation requested for the disability-related limitation. A response to your request may take up to three business days.
LinkedIn will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by LinkedIn, or (c) consistent with LinkedIn's legal duty to furnish information.
As a federal contractor, LinkedIn follows the Pay Transparency and non-discrimination provisions described at this link: https://lnkd.in/paytransparency.
This document provides transparency around the way in which LinkedIn handles personal data of employees and job applicants at this link: https://lnkd.in/GlobalDataPrivacyNotice.