Systems Engineer - Database
LinkedIn was built to help professionals achieve more in their careers, and everyday millions of people use our products to make connections, discover opportunities, and gain insights. Our global reach means we get to make a direct impact on the world’s workforce in ways no other company can. We’re much more than a digital resume - we transform lives through innovative products and technology.
Searching for your dream job? At LinkedIn, we strive to help our employees find passion and purpose. Join us in changing the way the world works.
We're looking for a system engineer – database services who loves building large scale highly available infrastructure. You will be a member of Talent Data Platform team which provides and manages databases as service to Global Talent Organization. The Talent Data Platform team is actively engaged in the ongoing database engineering process, partnering with development groups and providing deep subject matter expertise to feature design, and as an advocate for bringing forward and implementing new infrastructure solutions. The role will contribute to the design/architect, solution engineering; will be responsible for delivering database projects. The individual should be well versed in database administration and engineering practices and principles. The individual will share the responsibility of overall database design, build, and deployment. The role serves as a technical/functional specialist and works independently with guidance only in the most complex situations.
- Responsible for implementing, managing, and tuning high-availability databases.
- Responsible for MFT, SFTP, application and web server administration.
- Establish policies and procedures pertaining to data management, security, maintenance and utilization.
- Develop, manage, and test database backup & recovery strategies, verifying data integrity.
- Perform database installations, configurations, upgrades, and migrations.
- Consult with development and architecture teams to help meet continued application growth.
- Create and maintain documentation of procedures, schemas and guides for troubleshooting database systems.
- Research and evaluate new databases, technologies, and trends to provide innovative ideas and solutions to improve the existing infrastructure and support new projects and requirements.
- Partner with data warehousing and Business Intelligence teams.
- 7+ years professional experience as a database Administrator with knowledge of Operational/Systems DBA to setup and support Enterprise database environment.
- 3+ years of experience running PostgreSQL in a production environment as well as solid understanding of PostgreSQL internals.
- 3+ years of query optimization, performance analysis, schema design/review, data modeling, trouble shooting.
- 3+ years of query optimization, performance analysis, schema design/review, data modeling, trouble shooting and recovery.
- Familiarity with containerization (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes.)
- Skilled in Cloud/PaaS Environments (e.g. AWS, Azure.)
- Experience with UNIX/Linux administration, troubleshooting, performance tuning, & security.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Information Technology related areas.
- Expertise in leveraging cloud DB PaaS (e.g. Azure SQL DB) and PostgreSQL, MySQL.
- Multiple scripting languages in your toolbox (e.g. Python, GO, PERL, or PowerShell)
- Experience using building infrastructure via CLI in an automated, repeatable manner
- Thorough performance tuning skills for both DBs and application queries
- Strong interpersonal, communication and writing skills; ability to work independently or in a team environment.
- Working knowledge of Database Security mechanism, data encryption, obfuscation and auditing tools.
- Experience in integration between enterprise applications with Azure Data Systems.
India Disability Policy
LinkedIn is an equal employment opportunity employer offering opportunities to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. For more information on our equal opportunity policy, please click here
Global Data Privacy Notice
This document provides transparency around the way in which LinkedIn handles personal data of employees and job applicants at this link: https://lnkd.in/GlobalDataPrivacyNotice.