Senior Data Engineer - Azure
LinkedIn was built to help professionals achieve more in their careers, and every day millions of people use our products to make connections, discover opportunities, and gain insights. Our global reach means we get to make a direct impact on the world’s workforce in ways no other company can. We’re much more than a digital resume – we transform lives through innovative products and technology.
Searching for your dream job? At LinkedIn, we strive to help our employees find passion and purpose. Join us in changing the way the world works.
We are seeking extraordinary talent to implement data warehouse technologies leveraging the Microsoft Azure platform. The Senior Azure Data Engineer (Global Talent Organization) will work with cross-functional teams and Talent Data Platform leadership to understand the key components of the data and business strategy and deliver solutions that align to that strategy. This is a critical role in the Talent Data Platform team responsible for the complete lifecycle of building the solutions, from scoping and requirements through implementation and support. The Senior Data Engineer will also be responsible for establishing the processes and standards necessary to enable the development team to deliver high quality, compliant, efficient, and scalable solutions. The ideal candidate will be excited for the challenges of transforming the HR talent data platform into a new model and develop world-class data solutions.
You will thrive in a dynamic, collaborative environment, and will grow and share knowledge with others. You should have the ability to manage multiple work efforts in a dynamic, cross-functional environment while leading and motivating team members toward achieving company goals.
- Provide subject matter expertise and hands on delivery of data capture, curation and consumption pipelines on Azure.
- Build cloud data solutions and provide domain perspective on storage, big data platform services, serverless architectures, vendor products, RDBMS, DW/DM, NoSQL databases and security.
- Participate in deep architectural discussions to build confidence and ensure customer success when building new solutions and migrating existing data applications on the Azure platform.
- Build full technology stack of services required including PaaS (Platform as-a-service), IaaS (Infrastructure as-a-service), SaaS (software as-a-service), operations, management and automation.
- Conduct full technical discovery, identifying pain points, business and technical requirements, “as is” and “to be” scenarios.
- At least 5+ years of experience in developing data ingestion, data processing and analytical pipelines for big data, relational databases, NoSQL and data warehouse solutions.
- 5+ years of hands on experience in programming languages such as Java, c#, node.js, python, pyspark, spark, SQL, Unix shell/Perl scripting etc.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in Azure and Big Data technologies such as PowerShell, C#, Java, Node.js, Python, SQL, ADLS/Blob, Spark/SparkSQL, Hive/MR, Pig, Oozie and streaming technologies such as Kafka, EventHub, NiFI etc.
- Experience with implementing data migration and data processing using Azure services: Networking, Windows/Linux virtual machines, Container, Storage, ELB, Autoscaling, Azure Functions, Serverless Architecture, ARM Templates, Azure SQL DB/DW, Data Factory, Azure Stream Analytics, Azure Analysis Service, HDInsight, Databricks Azure Data Catalog, Cosmo Db, ML Studio, AI/ML, etc.
- Cloud migration methodologies and processes including tools like Azure Data Factory, Event Hub, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Information Technology related areas.
3+ years with Talent or HR data warehouse.
At least One Large scale implementation projects using Azure Data Factory.
Experience in converting on-premise ETL scripts /Jobs to cloud Azure ETL
Familiarity with the technology stack available in the industry for metadata management: Data Governance, Data Quality, MDM, Lineage, Data Catalog etc.
- Proven ability to build, manage and foster a team-oriented environment.
Familiarity with the Technology stack available in the industry for data management, data ingestion, capture, processing and curation: Kafka, StreamSets, Attunity, GoldenGate, Map Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Hbase, Cassandra, Spark, Flume, Hive, Impala, etc.
India Disability Policy
LinkedIn is an equal employment opportunity employer offering opportunities to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. For more information on our equal opportunity policy, please click here
Global Data Privacy Notice
This document provides transparency around the way in which LinkedIn handles personal data of employees and job applicants at this link: https://lnkd.in/GlobalDataPrivacyNotice.