Legal Director, China
LinkedIn was built to help professionals achieve more in their careers, and every day millions of people use our products to make connections, discover opportunities, and gain insights. Our global reach means we get to make a direct impact on the world’s workforce in ways no other company can. We’re much more than a digital resume - we transform lives through innovative products and technology. Be a part of the team that's changing the way the world works as the Head of Legal in China based in our Beijing office.
As LinkedIn’s Head of Legal in China, you will partner with LinkedIn’s entrepreneurial China team to build and grow LinkedIn’s business in China and help LinkedIn to connect the world’s professionals to make them more successful and productive. You will function as a generalist and work closely with LinkedIn’s global subject matter experts to provide day-to-day advice and counsel to our China business regarding a variety of issues, including corporate governance, litigation, commercial, compliance, employment, training, and operations. You will also support the global legal team as needed on local marketing and branding, business development, and other product and regulatory matters (TMT). You will work in a fast-paced, well-rounded, collaborative, and motivated legal team that values trust, teamwork, and humor.
· Legal and Business Counsel. Counsel and advise LinkedIn's China team on all legal issues, questions, and requests; provide input to China management for strategic decisions to enable the success of LinkedIn’s China business.
· Compliance. Oversee compliance efforts to help ensure that LinkedIn’s business complies with applicable laws and LinkedIn’s own values, including investigating and advising on appropriate responses to compliance matters.
· Business Development, Marketing, and TMT. Work collaboratively with LinkedIn’s global subject matter experts to support China-based business development, marketing, and TMT related projects in China.
· Contracts. Draft and negotiate strategic contracts, including commercial, business development, marketing, real estate, and employment agreements.
· Labor and Employment. Review employment and HR policies and practices to ensure they meet legal requirements; develop and sometimes present relevant training on compliance and corporate policies.
· Litigation. Oversee litigation and other dispute resolution process and strategy.
· Management. Manage a small team of legal professionals based in China and applicable outside counsel assisting with the above legal issues.
· You must partner well with the China business teams as well as global subject matter experts on the legal team and be able to operate successfully in a fast-moving and highly entrepreneurial environment.
· You must be a self-motivated team player with the ability to drive projects, identify and resolve legal and business issues, and earn the confidence and cooperation of your business partners.
· You have high standards, impeccable integrity, unquestionably good judgment, seasoned analytical skills, superior oral and written communication skills, and a keen sense of humor.
· You have an entrepreneurial mindset yet experience in creating procedure with attention to detail and efficient implementation.
· You communicate effectively (in Chinese and English), work independently, are effective in a fast-paced environment, and partner with and manage outside counsel.
· When you see an issue that needs addressing, your instinct is to jump in and address it.
· You have a steady, calm demeanor in crisis situations and are able to prioritize actions and act decisively under pressure.
· You possess the soft skills and natural ability to build relationships, influence, inspire, and lead others, whether direct reports or cross-functional colleagues.
· At least 10 years of relevant experience.
· Law degree.
· Top law firm experience strongly preferred.
· Prior experience and ability to practice law in China.
· In-house experience at a multinational technology company strongly preferred.
· Experience with Web 2.0 products is preferred.
· Ability to travel to US regularly.
Global Data Privacy Notice
This document provides transparency around the way in which LinkedIn handles personal data of employees and job applicants at this link: https://lnkd.in/GlobalDataPrivacyNotice.