Senior Staff Software Engineer - China
LinkedIn is built to help professionals and enterprise companies achieve more. Every day, millions of people use our products to make connections, discover opportunities, and gain insights. Our global reach means we get to make a direct impact on the world’s workforce in ways no other company can. To truly fulfill our mission and provide the best values to all LinkedIn members and enterprise customers, LinkedIn China R&D is founded to build unique products and experience for China market.
Searching for your dream job? At LinkedIn, we strive to help our employees find passion and purpose. Join us in changing the way the world works. We are seeking extraordinary talent to help build sophisticated technology capable of serving billions of page views to over 600+ million LinkedIn members.
LinkedIn China is looking for its technical architect! We are seeking a full-stack technical lead to help guide the technology and development of LinkedIn China Product experience, including native mobile App, web, backend services as well as relevance/AI systems. As a part of our world-class software engineering team, you will be charged with architecting, developing, and supporting one of the most visible products at LinkedIn and be responsible for the next generation LinkedIn China product experience.
The ideal candidate will be excited for the challenge to transform and think critically on many computer science disciplines including development, product design, usability, user experience, APIs, scaling, performance, reliability, and craftsmanship. The candidate will design and develop technology to serve business and technology objectives, align points of view across organizations and make smart trade offs to help achieve the goals of LinkedIn China team as well as LinkedIn’s broader goals. This leader will foster LinkedIn’s culture and values around transformation, collaboration and results. This position is full-time and based in our Beijing, China R&D center.
* Build and scale LinkedIn China's products, including native mobile Apps, web, backend services as well as relevance systems.
* Design system, write code and provide code reviews, and deliver with speediness and quality.
* Participate in LinkedIn global Technical Leadership Group to review system designs. Collaborate with other global tech senior leads to make sure that the design is sound and China products could easily fit into the system.
* Guide China engineering team to leverage and evolve LinkedIn global technology to build products for China market.
* Share best practice and learnings from China R&D with global leadership.
* Provide architectural guidance and mentorship to up-level the engineering organization.
* Participate with senior management in developing a long-term technology road map for China R&D team.
* Provide technical leadership, driving and performing best engineering practices to initiate, plan, and execute large-scale, cross functional, and company-wide critical programs.
* Identify, leverage, and successfully evangelize opportunities to improve engineering productivity across China teams.
* Identify problems and opportunities and lead teams to architect, design, implement and operationalize systems
* Resolve conflicts between organizations to get alignment and build team culture
* Drive craftsmanship in everything we do – in design, in implementation, in how we test and release and monitor in production.
* 8+ years experience in software design, architecture, and development.
* 5+ years experience programming experience in Java, Swift, and/or Objective-C.
* Full-stack experience from mobile/web development all the way through backend systems
* 10+ years of experience in both individual contributor and technical lead/architect/engineering manager roles.
* Deep understanding of the benefits & challenges of typical web application patterns, SOA, microservices & multi-tier/serverless architectures.
* Experience and knowledge in building modularized and robust services to serve millions of users.
* Experience and knowledge in building large scale web and mobile applications within iOS and Android.
* Experience and knowledge in building relevance systems.
* Experience with solving large scale organizational development process problems such as improving build times, testing infrastructure, or code reviews.
* Experience and ability to work with peers in engineering and product management across teams to set technical and product direction.
* Strong leadership abilities in order to communicate and drive cross-organization initiatives.
* Ability to communicate complex project in a clear, precise, and actionable manner
Global Data Privacy Notice
This document provides transparency around the way in which LinkedIn handles personal data of employees and job applicants at this link: https://lnkd.in/GlobalDataPrivacyNotice.