Occupational Health Nurse
Job Title: Occupational Health Nurse
Job Code: OCCNURSE001
Drives organizational objectives through oversight over the occupational health program, safety initiatives, and the well being of people within Lincoln Industries. Places great value on creating customer demand through meaningful relationships while mitigating future health and wellness risk to people and the organization overall.
WAGE TYPE: Salaried Exempt
FLSA Exemption: Administrative Exemption
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Establish strong relationships through the organization through positive interaction and floor presence.
- Collaborates with the leadership in the planning, development and evaluation of work injury case management goals and strategies.
- Respects, maintains and promotes confidentiality and privacy regulations.
- Enhances existing business relationships, working and following up with clinicians, employer, insurance carriers and Healthy U staff to assure continued satisfaction and use of services.
- Works actively with Healthy U clinic to promote their expertise with prospective employees and spouses through ongoing contact and consultation
- Schedules screenings and diagnostic tests as necessary (including OSHA required evals and DOT physicals and Drug Screens as well as Post offer physicals and return to work screens)
- Contributes toward the development, implementation and evaluation of comprehensive strategic and short range plans, goals and strategies for the management of work related injuries and illnesses.
- Work Injury Care Coordination, Facilitation and Administration.
- Monitors claim processing with insurance and third party administrators.
- Assists supervisors and employees with return to work issues including modified scheduling and job accommodations.
- Identifies patterns and trends in Work injury care as well as national standards and advises.
- Participates in programs, projects, committees as key member representing occupational health
- Managers and coordinates First Aid Response Team, program and training.
- Collaborates with other business and other community health affiliations.
- Able to perform first aid and support operations through front line medical intervention.
- Inventories and requisitions first-aid supplies.
- Supports Safety Department in collection of incident reporting and first aid reporting
- Maintains OSHA 300 Log
- Could potentially come in contact with hazardous chemicals.
- Environmental responsibility is our commitment to our communities.
- Proper disposal of waste such as recyclables, standard waste, hazardous waste, etc. is expected.
- Any other tasks as required fulfilling Lincoln Industries' Beliefs and Drivers.
- Reports to: Manager, Safety
QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be substituted for the expected levels of education and experience required.
Education and Experience:
Expected: Board certified LPN or RN. 5-7 years experience. Certified Case Management - Certification either CRC or CCM are required within one year of hire. Knowledge and experience with case management principles.
Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing. Recent/ current experience in occupational health environment is preferred or experience with a Workers' Compensation/ Chronic Pain program.
- High level of verbal and written communication skills to effectively interact with physicians other medical care providers, employers, rehabilitation consultants and insurance representatives.
- Must be able to read, write and comprehend the English language.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Demonstrate leadership, problem solving, organizational and self directed skills.
- Demonstrate ability to apply system theory to provide a comprehensive care delivery model.
- Ability to adapt to unpredictable and ambiguous situations.
- Computer skills in data entry, word processing, spread sheet preferred.
- Performs patient assessment and telephone triage in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Job Category E – Low Labor Intensive
Must be able to perform physical functions equivalent to Category E.
0-25% of work activity
26 -50% of work activity
51 -75% of work activity
76 - 100% of work activity
Regular Exposure To Uncomfortable Conditions
Personal Protective Equipment Required
Frequent Indoor Work
High Humidity Indexes
Potential Confined Work Space
Awkward or Minimized Work Space
Climbing (catwalk, steps, ladders, etc.)
Carrying < 20lbs
Lifting < 20lbs.
Vibration (including but not limited to)
·Pipe Bending or Cutting Equipment
Pushing < 20lbs.
Pulling < 20lbs.
Working at Waist-Shoulder Level
Working Above Shoulder Level
Working In High Far (Reach) Position
Working Below Shoulder Level
TRAINING: Training requirements as defined in the Learning Management System based on the role.
24J062X1 of 3 print date: 3/6/2023 2:27 PM
This document is valid 24 hrs from print date. For the most current document go to the Pipeline.