Maintenance Technician - 2nd Shift
Job Title: Maintenance Technician
Job Code: MNTTECH001
Repairs and maintains electrical and electronic equipment, industrial controls and mechanical equipment in production setting by performing the following duties.
WAGE TYPE: Hourly
FLSA Exemption: Non-exempt
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Performs preventative maintenance, corrective maintenance, emergent maintenance, and assists with the collection of predictive maintenance data for analysis.
- Maintain, install, troubleshoot, and repair the following:
- AC & DC motors.
- Transformers and rectifiers.
- Industrial electronic and control systems & equipment.
- Machine and motor controls systems & equipment.
- Logic panels including hard relays, timers, and counters.
- Steam and condensate systems and equipment including chemical sampling and control.
- Reverse osmosis units with associated systems and equipment.
- Maintain, install, set-up and troubleshoot DC and AC variable frequency drives.
- Maintain, install, troubleshoot and make program modifications to programmable logic controllers such as Allen-Bradley SLC-500 & CompactLogix controllers.
- Utilize test equipment such as digital multimeter, multifunction loop calibrator, Fluke 97 scope meter, data logging recorders, and other equipment as deemed necessary.
- Have basic knowledge of air compressors, pneumatic, hydraulic, chilled water, heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems and equipment.
- Ability with reading and understanding mechanical prints / drawings and electrical line diagrams / relay logic.
- Spill team member
- Environmental responsibility is our commitment to our communities.
- Proper disposal of waste such as recyclables, standard waste, hazardous waste, etc. is expected.
- Could potentially come in contact and/or handle hazardous chemicals/hazardous waste.
- Any other tasks as required to fulfill Lincoln Industries' Beliefs and Drivers.
- Reports to: Manager, Maintenance & Facilities
QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be substituted for the expected levels of education and experience required.
Education and/or Experience:
Expected: Associates Degree in Electro-Mechanical or equivalent experience.
- Must be able to read, write and comprehend the English language.
- Must be able to read technical manuals, blueprints and various maintenance and repair documents.
- Must be able to communicate with other people regarding troubleshooting and repairs.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
Job Category A – High Labor Intensive Category
Must be able to perform physical functions equivalent to Category A.
0-25% of work activity
26 -50% of work activity
51 -75% of work activity
76 - 100% of work activity
Regular Exposure To Uncomfortable Conditions
Personal Protective Equipment Required
Frequent Indoor Work
High Humidity Indexes
Potential Confined Work Space
Awkward or Minimized Work Space
Climbing (catwalk, steps, ladders, etc.)
Carrying < 50lbs
Lifting < 100lbs.
Vibration (including but not limited to)
·Pipe Bending or Cutting Equipment
Pushing < 100lbs.
Pulling < 100lbs.
Working at Waist-Shoulder Level
Working Above Shoulder Level
Working In High Far (Reach) Position
Working Below Shoulder Level
TRAINING: Training requirements as defined in the Learning Management System based on the role.
24J054C1 of 3 print date: 5/12/2023 9:25 AM
This document is valid 24 hrs from print date. For the most current document go to the LINC