The Project Engineer position is responsible for implementing product or part designs into production. They plan, schedule, predict, and manage all the technical tasks of their assigned projects to assure accuracy, proper resources, and quality from start to finish. This includes coordination of suppliers, internal production processes, prototyping and tooling design/development to meet customers specifications and timelines. This individual will ultimately be responsible for delivering projects to meet Lincoln Industries standards for safety, quality, delivery, and cost.
WAGE TYPE: Salaried Exempt. FLSA Exemption: Administrative Exemption.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Create and manage project timelines. Lead regular meetings with stakeholders to keep informed of job progress, plans and problems that could significantly affect costs or schedules. This may include management of suppliers for samples, tooling, builds, and services.
• Completing technical documentation for production release, Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) submittals to customers, and first article inspection reports (FAIRs).
• Design/develop internal processes and tooling, including gages and fixtures used to produce parts. Ensuring utmost attention to safety and quality.
• Developing work instructions and testing plans as well as training production personnel.
• Ensure compliance with customer's specifications and engineering standards. May require direct customer communication to negotiate changes to product designs or requirements based on manufacturability.
• Work closely with our Business Development, Strategic Accounts, Operations, Materials Management, Quality, and Sourcing groups and requires supplier and customer interaction. Building positive working relationships is key.
• Could potentially contact hazardous chemicals.
• Any other tasks as required fulfilling Lincoln Industries' Beliefs and Drivers.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be substituted for the expected levels of education and experience required.
• Four-year Engineering degree and 5-15 years’ experience in product development, process and tooling development, and transition to production.
• Technical project planning and management utilizing APQP (Advanced Product Quality Planning).
• Solidworks or equivalent 3D modeling
• Generation of PPAP (Production Part Approval Process) documentation, Gage R&R analysis, PFMEAs, Capability analysis.
• Root cause identification and technical problem solving.
• Leading teams to deliver results across multiple, concurrent projects.
• SPC (Statistical Process Control)
• Knowledge of measurement equipment and methods: CMM, Faro or Romer Arm, Datums.
• Principles of GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing)
• Metal finishing, stamping, fixture design (racking, trimming, inspection, welding).
• Lean Manufacturing, and Six Sigma
• Error proofing processes
• Must communicate clearly with suppliers in written and verbal means
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, suppliers, or internal stakeholders.
• Must be able to read, write and comprehend the English language
• Possesses comprehensive knowledge of required skills.
• Ability to solve complex problems and refers only the most complex issues to higher-level staff.
• Provides leadership, coaching, and/or mentoring. May act as a lead or first-level supervisor.
• Project leadership/scheduling experience
• Ability to audit products and processes to identify opportunities and drive improvements
• Working closely with cross-functional teams
• Ability to research problems and provide recommendations
• Influences peers, and leaders
• Treats others with respect
• Drives teamwork and unity
• Must be able to perform physical functions equivalent to Category D.
Page | 1 Updated: 1/6/2023