Business Development Specialist
Identifies, develops initial relationships with new customers, research potential growth industries, develop supporting marketing strategies and materials. Inside sales focus of identifying potential customers, managing customers, work with BD Team to create business opportunities. Retains and continuously improves business through business development, innovation, engineering, inside sales activities.
WAGE TYPE: Salaried Exempt; FLSA Exemption: Administrative Exemption
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Creative thought process and approach to identify customers within target markets and newly identified markets, find and introduce key people for Outside sales team to pursue.
- Understand and can independently generate market research projects and develop target customer lists.
- Make effective research and sales calls on new markets, and/or customers.
- Have basic understanding of business case creation and possess ability to concisely summarize and communicate opportunities – both at market and customer level.
- Key contributor to BD strategies and business plans to generate new business and revenue.
- Develop a thorough market understanding to align technology and innovation efforts to intersect customer and market need.
- Successful candidate will be technically sound, inquisitive and a great listener; must be able to see beyond customer conversation and identify value-added opportunities.
- Find solutions for both articulated and unarticulated market and customer needs.
- Develop marketing materials to support BD strategy such as tech data sheets, white papers, PowerPoints, blogs, emails, campaigns, and other related materials.
- Work closely with internal departments – Business Development Engineering, Innovation, Advanced Manufacturing, Design, Integration, Operations, Finance and Accounting and People Resources to achieve performance objectives.
- Ensure on going market and competitive information is being obtained and utilized for decision making relative to products and services, pricing, and business opportunities.
- Research and develop strategy regarding participation in technical conferences, industry events, trade shows for creating exposure and potential business generation. Participate as required.
- Invest in self through on-going development (internal learning and development, external conferences, literature, wellness, etc.).
- Could potentially come in contact with hazardous chemicals.
- Any other tasks as required fulfilling Lincoln Industries' Beliefs and Drivers.
- Travel will vary and likely limited but could be up to 25%.
QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be substituted for the expected levels of education and experience required.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college of university
- Engineering, marketing or business or related field undergraduate degree. Advanced degree-technical or MBA is a positive but not required
- Strong entrepreneurial mindset and proven ability to create solutions
- Natural curiosity and “out-of-the-box” creative thinking
- Technical aptitude (Engineered solutions, ability to learn products and process capabilities)
- Emotional Intelligence
- Must be able to read, write and comprehend the English language.
- Excellent oral and written communication with proven strong persuasive communication.
- Strong relationship building skills.
Must be able to perform physical functions equivalent to Category E
Page | 1 Updated: 2/20/2023