Team Leader - Maintenance - 3rd Shift
Serves as primary resource for Maintenance Team members. Responsibilities include maintaining and enhancing operations by coaching, instructing, and coordinating activities for team members as well as training and providing feedback on their performance. Requires collaborative and effective communication with all critical customers at Lincoln Industries.
WAGE TYPE: Hourly
FLSA Exemption: Non-exempt
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Is a working team leader
- Instructs and coordinates the activities and job assignments of team members in the area.
- Responsible for communication among team members – to include turnover meetings and on-going communication.
- Training - Responsible for coordinating the training for all team members (i.e. OJT, and other necessary training).
- Performance management - provides input and participates in performance feedback to team members including input and participation in performance review process and talent audits.
- People Development – Provides positive leadership example to the team. Coaching mentoring, and development of members of the maintenance team
- Safety and Environmental - ensures team participation and compliance with safety (safety rules, training, behavioral based safety observations) and environmental requirements.
- Focuses on building strong customer relationships.
- Staffing – participates in the selection and interviewing of new team members.
- Assists with special projects when needed.
- Helps enforce and reinforce company policies and practices.
- Responsible for documentation of “turnover report” to maintenance department.
- Environmental responsibility is our commitment to our communities.
- Proper disposal of waste such as recyclables, standard waste, hazardous waste, etc. is expected.
- Could potentially encounter hazardous chemicals.
- Any other tasks as required fulfilling Lincoln Industries' Beliefs and Drivers.
- Reports to: Manager, Maintenance
- Supervises: Maintenance Technicians
QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be substituted for the expected levels of education and experience required.
Education and/or Experience:
Expected: 3-5 years of Industrial or Manufacturing experience in Maintenance or equivalent field
Preferred: Associates Degree in Electro-Mechanical.
Demonstrated competence / talent in the following:
- Communication – oral and written
- Drive to achieve
- People development
- Relationship Builder
- Planning and execution
- Must be able to read, write and comprehend the English language.
- Must be able to read technical manuals, blueprints and various maintenance and repair documents.
- Must be able to communicate with other people regarding troubleshooting and repairs.
- Must be able to use computer to access data on work orders, inventory, and communicate with email.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Must be able to manage frequent interruptions from normal routine.
- Must possess a valid drivers license to have the ability to operate a company vehicle.
Job Category A – High Labor Intensive Category
Must be able to perform physical functions equivalent to Category A.
Rarely 0-25% of work activity
Occasionally 26 -50% of work activity
Frequently 51 -75% of work activity
Constant 76 - 100% of work activity
Regular Exposure To Uncomfortable Conditions
Personal Protective Equipment Required
Frequent Indoor Work
High Humidity Indexes
Potential Confined Work Space
Awkward or Minimized Work Space
Climbing (catwalk, steps, ladders, etc.)
Carrying < 50lbs
Lifting < 100lbs.
Vibration (including but not limited to)
· Hand Tools
· Polishing Lathes
· Equipment Usage
· Pipe Bending or Cutting Equipment
Pushing < 100lbs.
Pulling < 100lbs.
Working Above Shoulder Level
Working In High Far (Reach) Position
Working Below Shoulder Level
Training requirements as defined in the Learning Management System based on the role
24J164B Page 1 of 3 3/24/2023 1:43 PM
This document is valid 24 hrs from print date. For the most current document go to the LINC