Supplier Quality Engineer
The goal is to leverage supplier relationships to improve profitability and revenue. The Supplier Quality Engineer (SQE) is responsible for developing suppliers to achieve and exceed quality standards set forth by Lincoln Industries. The SQE will be the primary conduit to the supplier to communicate and resolve quality issues. The SQE will work directly with the Global Supply Chain department to perform supplier assessments, periodic audits to ensure standards are consistently achieved, and supplier performance scorecards to continuously monitor supplier performance. In addition to tracking supplier quality performance, the SQE will serve as a subject matter expert to the suppliers as the need arises to address quality problems to determine root cause, corrective actions, and cost reduction.
WAGE TYPE: Salaried Exempt. FLSA Exemption: Administrative Exemption.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develop good working relationships with Lincoln Industries suppliers.
• Reduce Cost of Poor Quality.
• Communicate specifications to suppliers.
• Participate in supplier PPAP events.
• Manage supplier corrective actions by participating in cross functional teams.
• Perform periodic audits.
• Provide input to supplier scorecards.
• Coordinates reject/return/debit process in partnership with technicians. Disposition material through ERP System (Navision).
• Identify and drive quality and cost improvement projects.
• Partner with Materials and Sourcing to resolve supply management bottlenecks.
• Utilize elements of Six Sigma process to improve profitability
• Develop and maintain communications about supplier quality issues in a cooperative and professional manner with all levels of staff and suppliers, by communicating openly, honestly and constructively.
• Supports project teams
• Responsible for maintenance of Non-Conforming Product cage.
• May be responsible for ensuring compliance with ISO 9001/IATF 16949
• May act as a lead or first-level supervisor.
• Could potentially encounter hazardous chemicals.
• Any other tasks as required fulfilling Lincoln Industries' Beliefs and Drivers.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be substituted for the expected levels of education and experience required.
• Exception: Non-Engineering Bachelor’s degree AND 5+ years in Manufacturing AND 1+ years in Quality AND Certified Quality Engineer (ASQ) or Certified Manufacturing Engineer (CMfgE, SME)
- Up to 5 years of experience in Quality related field
• A technical aptitude to analyze defects and problem solve driving to root cause
• Able to read engineering prints.
• Green Belt certification and ability to use Minitab
• Good aptitude in the field of supply chain management
• Can communicate engineering specifications
• Execute designed experiments.
• Execute tasks in projects
• Ability to assess risk in manufacturing processes.
• Working closely with cross-functional teams
• Ability to research problems and provide recommendations
• Influences peers
• Treats others with respect. Drives teamwork and unity.
• Seeks feedback actively and invests in personal growth
• Proficient at Microsoft Office Programs (e.g., Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.).
• Must be able to read, write and comprehend the English language
• Must communicate clearly with suppliers in written and verbal means
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, suppliers, or internal stakeholders.
• Must be able to perform physical functions equivalent to Category E.
Page | 1 Updated: 10/19/2023