Senior Production Planner
Job Title: Senior Production Planner
Job Code: SRPRODPLNR001
This position maintains materials and production planning functions. Responsible for communication of information necessary for the effective and efficient operation of closed-loop MRP system. Contributes to manufacturing at best cost through the timely procurement of material and achieving optimal service levels.
WAGE TYPE: Salaried Exempt
FLSA Exemption: Administrative Exemption
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Schedule and release order to manufacturing and/or packaging and help ensure that orders are started on time and processed efficiently through the plant in order to meet the due dates.
- Schedule and release purchased components from approved vendors.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with suppliers, internal and external customers to ensure that requirement to support our operations are met.
- Work with manufacturing and/or packaging management to develop a smooth flow of needed material.
- Develop pull system signals and supermarkets.
- Review product mix to ensure that sufficient capacity is available to meet production goals and customer requirements.
- Work with inventory personnel to help maintain accurate inventories; to keep an accurate perpetual inventory.
- Advise management of the status of work in progress, material availability and production problems to ensure that personnel, equipment, materials and services are provided to meet customer demand.
- Update and keeps current MRP operating data.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions.
- Maintain Production Control functions in the Materials Manger’s absence.
- Monitor daily shipments shortages for follow-up.
- Plan Integration parts and debug system.
- Could potentially come in contact with hazardous chemicals.
- Environmental responsibility is our commitment to our communities.
- Proper disposal of waste such as recyclables, standard waste, hazardous waste, etc. is expected.
- Any other tasks as required fulfilling Lincoln Industries' Beliefs and Drivers.
- Reports to: Manager, Materials
QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be substituted for the expected levels of education and experience required.
Education and/or Experience:
Expected: Master’s Degree and 1 year materials management experience OR Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years materials management experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience in MRP, Capacity Planning, Inventory & Production control and purchasing. APIC’s Certification.
Proven production planning experience at Lincoln Industries.
- Must be able to read, write and comprehend the English language in order to communicate well with our vendors, internal suppliers and interpret invoices.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral diagram or schedule form.
- General knowledge of accounting and understanding of the general ledger accounts and how they relate to invoices.
- Knowledge and use of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to operate a 10-key calculator.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Computer Data Entry
Job Category E – Low Labor Intensive
Must be able to perform physical functions equivalent to Category E.
0-25% of work activity
26 -50% of work activity
51 -75% of work activity
76 - 100% of work activity
Regular Exposure To Uncomfortable Conditions
Personal Protective Equipment Required
Frequent Indoor Work
High Humidity Indexes
Potential Confined Work Space
Awkward or Minimized Work Space
Climbing (catwalk, steps, ladders, etc.)
Carrying < 20lbs
Lifting < 20lbs.
Vibration (including but not limited to)
·Pipe Bending or Cutting Equipment
Pushing < 20lbs.
Pulling < 20lbs.
Working at Waist-Shoulder Level
Working Above Shoulder Level
Working In High Far (Reach) Position
Working Below Shoulder Level
TRAINING: Training requirements as defined in the Learning Management System based on the role.
24J180B1 of 3 print date: 1/10/2023 8:57 AM
This document is valid 24 hrs from print date. For the most current document go to the LINC