Manufacturing Engineer - Fabrication
Job Title: Manufacturing Engineer-Fabrication
Job Code: MFGENG001
Lead the technical aspects of fabrication process improvements to optimize operational efficiency. Hands on engineer who can build relationships, work with and lead groups, and drive projects from concept to implementation.
WAGE TYPE: Salaried Exempt
FLSA Exemption: Administrative Exemption
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Responsible for the identification, development and implementation of process improvement initiatives
- Develop strong working relationships with key stakeholders and work to positively influence at all levels of the organization.
- Use troubleshooting and continuous improvement techniques to resolve quality, safety, and productivity issues in plating operations.
- Identify and develop partnerships with key vendors/suppliers
- Help facilitate the financial justification for new projects for operational optimization.
- Ensure follow-up on initiatives and programs are completed and realized gains are maintained. This includes on-going status reviews and scheduling of reviews with all vested parties to make sure projects are implemented and savings maintained.
- Could potentially come in contact with hazardous chemicals.
- Environmental responsibility is our commitment to our communities.
- Proper disposal of waste such as recyclables, standard waste, hazardous waste, etc. is expected.
- Any other tasks as required fulfilling Lincoln Industries' Beliefs and Drivers.
- Reports to: Director, Engineering
- Supervises: No direct reports
QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be substituted for the expected levels of education and experience required.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a manufacturing or process environment
- Strong computer skills (MS Office suite, SolidWorks experience preferred)
- Strong communication skills – shop floor through management
- Experience with Financial justification of improvement projects
- 5+ years experience in a manufacturing or process environment using continuous improvement techniques/tools (i.e. Lean, Six Sigma, 5S, JIT, etc.)
- Training experience
Must be able to read, write and comprehend the English language.