Process Support Engineer
Job Title: Process Support Engineer
Job Code: PROCSPEC001
To initiate and complete sample parts for new projects. Develop processes and evaluate the effectiveness and quality of the process while integrating into the production schedule. The subject matter process expert for the area.
WAGE TYPE: Salary
FLSA Exemption: Exempt
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Identifying deficiencies in mechanical processes and developing improvements
- Designing and developing prototypes
- Analyzing and testing prototypes and each revision of a device
- Supervising the development of computer-aided design (CAD) project drawings.
- Developing, initiating, and managing all phases of projects
- Preparing documentation of critical analysis and providing suggestions for correcting errors
- Collaborating with Project Managers for proper allocation and tracking of resources
- Seeing through all quotes from all segments to ensure proper quoting.
- Follows established safety guidelines.
- Develop processes for new products.
- Handles “Special” requests for internal and external customers.
- Sets up and controls equipment and processes in order to meet part specifications.
- Completes process steps to ensure work instructions are correct.
- Change tools on power equipment as needed.
- Communicates with external and internal customers regarding status, order and finishing requirements.
- Confers with the customer to provide technical advice to resolve problems and address value-added opportunities.
- Responsible for developing travelers and/or visual work instructions.
- Assures smooth transition to production by working with appropriate lines and auditing.
- PIF, PIP, and PPAP documentation/development.
- Assists and trains team members in the proper processes and procedures.
- Helps troubleshoot quality and process problems.
- Could potentially handle hazardous waste in containerizing, transporting, testing, or other assigned duties.
- Any other tasks as required fulfilling Lincoln Industries’ Beliefs and Drivers.
- Reports to: Operations Manager
QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be substituted for the expected levels of education and experience required.
Education and Experience:
Expected: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from a four-year college or university.
- Must be able to read, write and comprehend the English language.
- Fabrication Background or Experience
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Problem solving skills
- Able to work “off” hours and weekends to ensure customer delivery.
- Computer skills – Excel, Word, etc.
Job Category B – Medium Labor Intensive Category
Must be able to perform physical functions equivalent to Category B.
0-25% of work activity
26 -50% of work activity
51 -75% of work activity
76 - 100% of work activity
Regular Exposure To Uncomfortable Conditions
Personal Protective Equipment Required
Frequent Indoor Work
High Humidity Indexes
Potential Confined Work Space
Awkward or Minimized Work Space
Climbing (catwalk, steps, ladders, etc.)
Carrying < 50lbs
Lifting < 75lbs.
Vibration (including but not limited to)
·Pipe Bending or Cutting Equipment
Pushing < 75lbs.
Pulling < 75lbs.
Working at Waist-Shoulder Level
Working Above Shoulder Level
Working In High Far (Reach) Position
Working Below Shoulder Level
TRAINING: Training requirements as defined in the Learning Management System based on the role.
24J082C1 of 3 print date: 9/5/2023 12:22 PM
This document is valid 24 hrs from print date. For the most current document go to the LINC