Job Title: Sourcing Intern
Job Code: SRCINTERN001
SUMMARY: Develops and maintains relationships with suppliers to ensure we are receiving competitive quotes in support of Lincoln Industries vision for growth. Acquires quotes from and negotiates with the Lincoln Industries Supply Base. Hands on evaluation of manufactured parts for conformity to cosmetic specifications.
WAGE TYPE: Hourly
FLSA Exemption: Non-Exempt
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Responsible (as a back-up) for acquiring, purchasing and negotiating materials, equipment and supplies for requisitioned material.
- Negotiates with suppliers to obtain quotations, prices and delivery times.
- Evaluates supplier quotes and services to determine if they are compatible with company objectives and meet customer specifications.
- Monitors conformance to specifications to ensure quality satisfaction at customer.
- Identify potential new suppliers.
- Participate in the Operational Excellence program with suppliers.
- Works with Lincoln Industries departments (Account Managers, Supplier Quality Integration, Planning, Technology, Sales, etc.) to address critical issues related to customer needs and supplier performance.
- Maintains records pertaining to items quoted and purchased, utilizing Navision, SharePoint and Excel.
- Reviews requisitions and confers with suppliers to obtain information concerning product, price, and ability of supplier to produce product or service, and delivery date.
- Confers with suppliers and analyzes supplier questions to determine factors affecting prices.
- Develop and maintain communications with all levels of Lincoln Industries staff and suppliers by communicating openly and honestly, treating all people with dignity, respect and courtesy.
- Assists in transfers of work between sources as required.
- Drives and coordinates cost initiatives throughout the supply base.
- May initiate supplier self-assessments, conduct supplier audits, perform on-site assessments on audits.
- Could potentially come in contact with hazardous chemicals.
- Any other tasks as required fulfilling Lincoln Industries Beliefs and Drivers.
- Reports to: Sourcing Engineer
QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be substituted for the expected levels of education and experience required.
Education and/or Experience
Expected: Pursuing Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field
Preferred: Junior or Senior in Supply Chain Management Program
- Must be able to read, write and comprehend the English language.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must have strong organizational skills
- Candidates must be able to work both independently and in a team oriented environment.
- Must be motivated and able to ask questions to complete assignments on-time and with attention to detail.
- Candidates must be able to work within a flexible schedule.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
Job Category C – Low Labor Intensive Category
Must be able to perform physical functions equivalent to Category C.
0-25% of work activity
26 -50% of work activity
51 -75% of work activity
76 - 100% of work activity
Regular Exposure To Uncomfortable Conditions
Personal Protective Equipment Required
Frequent Indoor Work
High Humidity Indexes
Potential Confined Work Space
Awkward or Minimized Work Space
Climbing (catwalk, steps, ladders, etc.)
Carrying < 50lbs
Lifting < 50lbs.
Vibration (including but not limited to)
·Pipe Bending or Cutting Equipment
Pushing < 50lbs.
Pulling < 50
Working at Waist-Shoulder Level
Working Above Shoulder Level
Working In High Far (Reach) Position
Working Below Shoulder Level
TRAINING: Training requirements as defined in the Learning Management System based on the role.
24J165CPage 1 of 38/8/2023 12:47 PM
This document is valid 24 hrs from print date. For the most current document go to the Pipeline