Job Title: Materials/Customer Service Intern
Job Code: MATINTERN001
Provide assistance for Materials - Customer Service Team. This role will consist of performing transactions in the ERP system, packaging and expediting parts, and administrative duties as assigned.
WAGE TYPE: Hourly
FLSA Exemption: Non-exempt
LENGTH OF ASSIGNMENT/INTERNSHIP: Part-time hours – school year, Full-time hours - summer
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintaining Production System
- Generating Reports through Navision Software
- Creating Orders-(Production/Sales/Purchase)
- Creating Rework Production orders
- Create Shipping Picks
- Periodic Inventory Verification
- Physical counts and reconciliation of inventory
- Root Cause Analysis on Discrepancies
- Expediting Parts
- Develop Packaging of Rush orders
- Packaging of Rush orders
- Delivery and pick-up of parts from local external suppliers and internal customers
- Quality support
- Sorting parts when concerns arise
- Assist in reworking of quality concern
- Administrative Duties
- Compile Spreadsheets
- Assist Materials team as needed
- Could potentially come in contact with hazardous chemicals
- Environmental responsibility is our commitment to our communities
- Proper disposal of waste such as recyclables, standard waste, hazardous waste, etc. is expected
- Any other tasks as required fulfilling Lincoln Industries’ Beliefs and Drivers
- Reports to: Strategic Account Manager
- Manages: N/A
QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be substituted for the expected levels of education and experience required.
Education and/or Experience:
Required: Applicants must have at least a junior standing currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree.
Preferred: General Business, Operations/Manufacturing, and/or Supply Chain Management
- Must be able to read, write and comprehend the English language.
- Ability to effectively present information to customers, managers, clients, and the general public.
- Must be able to communicate effectively through email and customer mailers.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must have strong technical capabilities.
- Must have excellent technical writing skills.
- Candidates must be able to work both independently and, in a team, oriented environment.
- Must be a self-starter and able to ask questions to complete assignments on time and with attention to detail.
- Candidates must be able to work within a flexible schedule.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
Job Category C – Low Labor-Intensive Category
Must be able to perform physical functions equivalent to Category C.
0-25% of work activity
26 -50% of work activity
51 -75% of work activity
76 - 100% of work activity
Regular Exposure To Uncomfortable Conditions
Personal Protective Equipment Required
Frequent Indoor Work
High Humidity Indexes
Potential Confined Work Space
Awkward or Minimized Work Space
Climbing (catwalk, steps, ladders, etc.)
Carrying < 50lbs
Lifting < 50lbs.
Vibration (including but not limited to)
·Pipe Bending or Cutting Equipment
Pushing < 50lbs.
Pulling < 50
Working at Waist-Shoulder Level
Working Above Shoulder Level
Working In High Far (Reach) Position
Working Below Shoulder Level
TRAINING: Training requirements as defined in the Learning Management System based on the role.
24J146B1 of 3 print date: 11/3/2023 1:44 PM
This document is valid 24 hrs from print date. For the most current document go to the LINC