Manager Environmental Services
Provide the leadership, direction and support necessary to manage our Environmental Programs, Environmental Services (waste-water treatment), and ISO 14001 Environmental Management System.
WAGE TYPE: Salaried Exempt FLSA Exemption: Administrative
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to support both a quality and an environmental culture. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Architect, implement, influence and manage all environmental strategies to create corporate responsibility and sustainability.
- Drive strategic initiatives to support operational excellence and a strong environmental culture.
- Manage and actively influence the direction and results of Lincoln Industries Environmental program. Ie… compliance obligations, aspects & impacts and environmental objectives.
- Ensure all environmental policies, practices and procedures and required Environmental programs are in compliance.
- Build strong partnerships/relationships with internal customers in order to establish a cross functional/company-wide environmental commitment.
- Develop and implement companywide Comprehensive Environmental Program Plan .
- Responsible for ensuring a positive environmental image to customers, suppliers and the public.
- Manages steps to ensure compliance with all environmental regulations.
- Responsible for all EPA reports.
- Responsibility for maintaining a positive relationship with regulatory agencies and keeping in regular contact.
- Responsible for obtaining & maintaining all permits necessary for environmental programs & regulations.
- Develop/Research ways to prevent pollution and recycle wastes.
- Audit and report on environmental performance to senior management.
- Identify, assess and reduce organizations environmental risks.
- Raise awareness at all levels of the organization of the impact of emerging environmental issues, whether legislative or best practices, on corporate, ethical and social responsibility.
- Interact with government agencies concerning regulatory issues such as inspections, reports, etc.
- Manage Environmental Programs and environmental services budgets annually.
- Develop and implement environmental learning and education.
- Coordinate and manage responses to public environmental concerns and questions.
- Responsible for compliance with the ISO 14001 standard and Lead/support annual external audits.
- Responsible for being an emergency responder to support emergency situations related and not related to environmental.
- Responsible to provide support on new products/processes that could impact environmental compliance.
- Manage hazardous wastes and approve new chemistry being brought into the facility to ensure hazard requirements are met.
- Environmental responsibility is our commitment to our communities.
- Managing and guiding the proper disposal of waste such as recyclables, electronic waste, standard waste, hazardous waste, etc. is expected.
- Any other tasks as required fulfilling Lincoln Industries' Beliefs and Drivers.
- Reports to: Director of Wellness, Safety, and Environmental
- Supervises: Area Leader, Environmental Services
QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be substituted for the expected levels of education and experience required.
Education and Experience:
Expected: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or five years applicable experience and/or training
Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical/Environmental Engineering
- Must be able to read, write and comprehend the English language.
- Must be able to write reports, business correspondence, and procedural documents
- Must be able to present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
- Must be able to read, write and comprehend the English language
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Must be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Must be able to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- Hazardous waste management
- Waste minimization
- HAZCOM training
- Training requirements as defined in the Learning Management System based on the role
Must be able to perform physical functions equivalent to Category C